cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mac code under 45 day guarantee

N/A

i am trying to get my MAC code from plus net under the 45 day guarnatee.the connection with plus net is appaling and everyhting has gone downhill since i signed up. the cutomer services are also terrible. today i got a reply saying i have a 12 month contract which i will have to refund and pay back the £15 migration fee when it was free in the first place and i am still in the first 45 days! Evil Evil Evil Any ideas on what to do? :?:
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

If I recall correctly the correct process for migrating away under the 45 day guarantee is that:

You will be liable for the hardware and activation fee, you will not however be held to your 12 months worth of fees.

Im pretty sure that is right.
Community Veteran

If you migrated in then yes, the inward migration was free but subject to terms & conditions. These state if you leave within 12 months you have to pay the migration fee that PlusNet have already paid BT.

Under the 45 day guarantee you don't have to pay for the 12 months contract so if you were told that then it is wrong and you need to query that reply.

I assume you did state clearly you wanted to leave under the 45 day guarantee in your ticket. If not, that is why you were given the info you were.
Metalguru
Grafter

Will you walk into my parlour?" said +net to the Fly,

'Tis the prettiest broadband service that ever you did spy;

The way into my ISP is up a winding stair,

And I've a many curious things to show you once you are in there."

Oh no, no," said the little Fly, "to ask me is in vain,

For those who join your ISP can never get out again."
ceridwen
Grafter

PN really does need to sort its customer service training out. From here and AG it appears that this mistake keeps getting made again and again. I wonder how many customer have overpaid PN over this one?

dtomlinson admitted this *was* a mistake and that CS would be informed nearly a month ago ( http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?p=221760#221760 ) - indeed the T&C's were modified so that clause 4 explicitly states "We will waive any outstanding service contract term."

Yet still customers are told they must buy out 12 months contracts etc.

Matthew
ceridwen
Grafter

Any ideas on what to do? :?:

In terms of what to do - reply to the ticket pointing out the T&Cs of the 45 day guarantee available here: http://www.plus.net/features/guarantee_terms_and_condtitions.shtml

In particular point out clause 4 ("We will waive any outstanding service contract term") and that you don't have to pay off the 12 month contract.

You still have to pay back the 15 migration fee, but once migrate you can get up to 12.99 of any migration cost to your new ISP refunded.

Matthew