cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mIRC will NOT connect

N/A

mIRC will NOT connect

Hi there, I have just installed mIRC onto my computer and it simply refuses to work. I have all the settings the same as on mates compters and they have no problem connecting. I simply get the message

'Software Caused Connection Abort'

It's driving me mad! I connect to the internet through a Netgear DG834G router but this does not seem to be the problem as I have followed the insturctions for the setting up of mIRC on www.portforward.com exactly and still the same message appears!! Evil And as I still encounter the error with all firewall and AV software disabled I have come to the conclusion that it must be a problem with the service.

Could anyone here on PlusNet Plus 2MB please test mIRC to see if it works. If it does then it's obviously a problem at my end.

Any other suggestions would be welcome as it baffles everyone I know!

Thanks. Cheesy
8 REPLIES
N/A

mIRC will NOT connect

what server are you connecting to?
are you trying to use SSL?
what port are you connecting to?

Buz
N/A

mIRC will NOT connect

It don't work on any server

I'm not trying to use ssl

But I am using the default ports 6667 I would like to change these as this may be could be a cause for the problem but even though I change the port number in mIRC it just keeps reverting back to the default 6667 when connecting to servers.
N/A

mIRC will NOT connect

What server are you attempting a connection to?
csogilvie
Grafter

mIRC will NOT connect

You could also try connecting to usertools.plus.net (port 6667) and see if that works...
Ben_Brown
Grafter

mIRC will NOT connect

most servers use 6667 so it's best to leave it as that.

Which server are you trying to connect to? I can test it from here.
N/A

mIRC will NOT connect

You could also try connecting to usertools.plus.net (port 6667) and see if that works...

Tried this but it still don't work Cry

This is what I see:

This is the same with any server I attempt to connect to with all firewall software disabled.

Thanks for your help.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

mIRC will NOT connect

Can you trace to the server?

Try typing "tracert usertools.plus.net" in a Command Prompt and paste the results in here.
N/A

mIRC will NOT connect

Humm thats interesting, looks like I can....

Thanks for that piece of advice. Any further ideas?