cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lol clear as mud as usuall bt/+net

N/A

ok just a little story form this weekend here, that just goes to prove my theory,were the way this whole upgrade farce has been handled.

firstly i want to sayn THE only problem i have with all this now is...simply for the beginer (which btw i am not, but the vast majority are). just how hard it is to find anything EXACT about the upgrades.....

i wont even start on the 29.99 down to 21.99 farce, we all know what a total mess that became.

but anyway, i have first tried plus nets support line in order to just try and find some more information, and more importantly,try to get an exact date, as regards upgrade dates for my exchange.

i was then told the usual, its ALL down to bt now they have all the orders, and thats what the wait time is now......

so off i trot , i emailed bt with as much information as possible, stating what state we are in, basic 512 broadband, and which isp i was with, and also the main thing , now waiting to find out when you (bt) will be getting round to our exchange, ( i even said a better estimate would be apriciated, as of now we have NOTHING to go on )...

... rofl, the first reply will knock you out..........

" to upgrade your internet access, goto bt/broadband"....

well i couldnt belive it, so a swift reply followed...

to which i obviously reiterated, i already have broadband, and with another isp, and i just want the upgrade details........

bt reply no. 2........(gets better)

" we currently have a policy on how broadband is recieved in areas not yet accessable to broadband, please goto bt/broadband for further details, and register your area so you can be put on the broadband list"

aghhhhhhhhh, i couldnt belive it....so i wrote which was to be my final email stating really how dam incompetant everybody is being on this whole subject, so again i tried, and got this final email ( i just cant be bothered anymore, iam losing the will to live why i wait for info)

email replay no.3 form bt

"Thank you for your e-mail dated 17/6/05
Bt are currently upgradig there exchanges to provide there customers with the highest possible speed but it is up to your suplier to provide you with the 2mb when it is available."

can you honsestly belive it all, and iam sorry but this is the crux of ALL my arguments here, on just how dam rediculous it is to actually find out ANYTHING about our upgrades..........so come on +net, i honestly, do think now MORE can be done, to let us know just were we are in the upgrade stakes.....

iam sorry but i just dont think " sit and wait " quite is the customer service anybody expects., and the above emails to find out more...well just sums it all up really dont it.......so my answer to anybody who is waiting or dying to try and find out more.....then belive me its nigh on impossible.
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

lol

Also I didn't think BT spoke to the end user (unless of course on their BB ISP's.
tykeinexile

I don't know what qualifications you need to get a job in customer relations. I wrote to Land Rover once to ask which magazines had published recent road tests. They replied that road tests were confidential material. I bought a Ford.

OK - not relevant. I'll go back to lurking.
N/A

Hi

yes i know its a pain, while i was waiting for my exchange to be upgraded I e-mailed bt wholesale to find out some info,well you've got to try! I did receive an e-mail back telling me to contact my isp! :roll:

on a separate topic ford and landrover are part of the pag group!

regards

Matt
Community Veteran

I don't know what qualifications you need to get a job in customer relations. I wrote to Land Rover once to ask which magazines had published recent road tests. They replied that road tests were confidential material. I bought a Ford.

OK - not relevant. I'll go back to lurking.

The road tests must have been poor! :lol:
killban
Grafter

on a separate topic ford and landrover are part of the pag group!

Ford own PAG (Premier Automotive Group), which consists of Jaguar, Landrover, Volvo and Aston Martin.
N/A

Thought it was Prestige not premier?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Was going to say, Ford own Landrover, but back to the regrade topic. Unfortunately outside of the information on the Usertools Site we don't have any more information about when a particular regrade will happen or particular exchange be upgraded.
killban
Grafter

Thought it was Prestige not premier?

From where I am sitting now, which is Whitley in Coventry, the intranet says Premier.Smiley

</Thread Hijack>