cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

locked topics

N/A

locked topics

lock my topic will ya...hahah got anthing better to do?

im asking for "community support" for my decision to get ntl cable

This doesn't really fit with the view of 'Community Support' as such Im locking it.

Chris

jockey
25 REPLIES
N/A

locked topics

The mods seem a little bored tonight.....i just got a slapped wrist for daring to mention the 'F' word.....

No, i didnt swear or become offensive....i uttered the word Fanboy. The thread got closed. Quite unbelievable.
Dean
Grafter

locked topics

>lock my topic will ya...hahah got anthing better to do?

Lots. and were busy doing it.

Aside from that - I haven't a clue what your talking about ;-)

>im asking for "community support" for my decision to get ntl cable

ok - NTL cable has a good product. But its "Horse for courses" really. Personally, I think when we are on our game we offer a better product than anyone else in the market.

We've had more losses than wins of late but were now getting back to form and for me its a "dead cert" that we'll soon be back in a position where its not a question of who is the best but by what margin they lead the pack.

Do I think your going to believe me today? Not a chance. Tomorrow, Hopeful :-)

Dean
N/A

locked topics

I think when we are on our game we offer a better product than anyone else in the market.

Only problem with that is PN havnt been on their game for 12 months...and whilst they continue to restrict more and more of the service they will never be considered anywhere near the top of the pile.
Im fed up with bitching about PN. But until they invest instead of squeezing the the life out of everyones connection i dont see how they can ever get back to the great ISP they were. I really would love to see you guys back at the top, but your kidding yourselves if you think your going about it the right way.
Judging by the amount of MAC's ive seen requested in the last 7 days alone im not the only one that thinks this way.
Dean
Grafter

locked topics

> Only problem with that is PN havnt been on their game for 12 months...and whilst they continue to restrict more and more of the service they will never be considered anywhere near the top of the pile.

Agree.

>Im fed up with bitching about PN.

Not as much as I'm fed up with people bitching about PN :-)

But I've been part of the problem so I don't count.

>But until they invest instead of squeezing the the life out of everyones connection i dont see how they can ever get back to the great ISP they were.

Not interested in "squeezing the life" out of everyones connection. Our implementation and attitude certainly came across like that and were rectifying that now. Certain customers abuse the service to the detriment of others - they are our aim. The vast majority of users should experience a better service.

I'm well aware that the perception is that this is not the case. And "perception is reality" until such a time as I can change that. We can't change it with "smoke and mirrors", "marketing cr*p" or fancy words. We just need to deliver it.

>I really would love to see you guys back at the top, but your kidding yourselves if you think your going about it the right way.

Gone past kidding. Time to start delivering.

>Judging by the amount of MAC's ive seen requested in the last 7 days alone im not the only one that thinks this way.

Sure plenty think like you. More don't. Soon - even less will think like you. Hopefully you included.

Dean
N/A

locked topics

Dean...im actually very impressed with what you have to say, and how you say it Smiley (not that you care what i think of you Wink lol )
Talk is cheap tho...as you say, its time to start delivering.
Don't blame us for being cynical, we've heard a lot of positive words from PN in the last 12 months and all that changed was things got worse.
Lets hope this time round the words are going to be more than hot air.
Best of luck Smiley
Dean
Grafter

locked topics

>Dean...im actually very impressed with what you have to say, and how you say it icon_smile.gif (not that you care what i think of you icon_wink.gif lol )
>Talk is cheap tho...as you say, its time to start delivering.
Don't blame us for being cynical, we've heard a lot of positive words from PN in the last 12 months and all that changed was things got worse.

Not blaming you for being cynical - blaming me for putting you in that position :-)

>Lets hope this time round the words are going to be more than hot air.

Watch this space. :-)

>Best of luck

You create your own luck! Me - I'm creating it right now!
N/A

locked topics

...I think when we are on our game we offer a better product than anyone else in the market.
Dean

How often has the term on our game been used in the past?

Would you explain precisely what you mean by being on our game Dean?

It would help the struggling customers who are trying to cope with PlusNet's dismal service to understand what the future holds, according to the gospel of Dean. Wink

I have seen the watch this space statement SO much over the past eighteen months that the watching is becoming jaded...
Saturn
Grafter

locked topics

I too like what you say Dean but the pathetic responses to my recent tickets have put me on the verge of a big MAC. Service has been disgraceful for some time now and it's time your comments come to fruition - e.g. still receiving mail over a week old is a worthless service! I'm happy to see what you can manage though - for now.

Getting back on topic perhaps you can stop this mindless locking of threads. This isn't a communist state and people have a right to express themselves (within reason). :shock: Locking a thread for mentioning another ISP is childish (it's not a criminal offence to mention another ISP). I note you didn't seem too bothered so why should the Mods be. I no doubt someone will quote the forum rules but if the rules are that rigid then everyone should stick by them, including the Mods Smiley
carrot63
Grafter

locked topics

If all the fine words spoken by PN in recent months had shown even the vaguest sign of coming to pass, these forums would be far less occupied by soon to be ex-plusnet posters.

My faith in Plusnets abilities started with my forced migration to LLU and the unbelievable rubbish that followed. I finally put in my request for migration back to BTw about the time the fluffy squeaky noises about improvements started to fly thick and fast. 6 weeks later I'm still on LLU and no-one seems in the least interested in giving me a timescale for it to happen or explanation of what is going wrong.

I'm as near as I've ever been giving notice, and can honestly say I cant see anything noticeable improving at all. I dont want to leave, but your appalling customer service is really pushing me to it. Locking threads is about the least of the problems.
Dean
Grafter

locked topics

I too like what you say Dean but the pathetic responses to my recent tickets have put me on the verge of a big MAC. Service has been disgraceful for some time now and it's time your comments come to fruition - e.g. still receiving mail over a week old is a worthless service! I'm happy to see what you can manage though - for now.

Getting back on topic perhaps you can stop this mindless locking of threads. This isn't a communist state and people have a right to express themselves (within reason). :shock: Locking a thread for mentioning another ISP is childish (it's not a criminal offence to mention another ISP).

My personal take? If your talking about another ISP's services and not ours then I'm failing. Its simply an indicator of dissatisfaction amongst the customer base.

I note you didn't seem too bothered so why should the Mods be. I no doubt someone will quote the forum rules but if the rules are that rigid then everyone should stick by them, including the Mods Smiley

The moderators do a sterling job and they have in my opinion always come across as independent and fair minded. However, rules are rules as they say and there to ensure things don't break down into mud slinging and put individuals in a position where they don't want to participate for fear of bullying etc.

Its a sad reality that some people can't conduct themselves appropriately in a communication medium where a face to face is not there.

Me - if you really knew me - you'd know I like to break a few rules every now and again (just to shake things up you understand) :-)
Dean
Grafter

locked topics

How often has the term on our game been used in the past?

too often! BUT not by me.

Would you explain precisely what you mean by being on our game Dean?

Sure. Its simple. We supply a good product for a good price.

By that I mean. Its performance, available, accessible and its delivered in an easy to use way.

It would help the struggling customers who are trying to cope with PlusNet's dismal service to understand what the future holds, according to the gospel of Dean. Wink

Your right!

I'll get a document published re: "What the future holds".

Unfortunately, its not going to be a gospel - I'm just a simple guy - long words confuse me :-)

I have seen the watch this space statement SO much over the past eighteen months that the watching is becoming jaded...

I'm not going to plan in hindsight. I can only look forward. Today is going to be better than yesterday. Tomorrow will be better than today. Simple.

Some people don't / won't believe me and I can't spend time trying to convince them - it de-focuses me from making it happen for the rest.

With regard to "Watch this Space"

What if I put together a page called "watch this space" (althouh I'm sure the marketing guys would want to make it sound prettier :-) ) which had graphing of all the key areas of the platform so you could see in near real-time (15 - 30min intervals) the state of the platform. Email queues, DB speed, etc..

We could even compare our platform against others on certain areas - ie. the performance of our DNS servers against Open DSN for example?

I'm game! :-)

Dean
rslsys
Grafter

locked topics

Dean

I for one would welcome a near realtime indication of the mail queue situation. The oft made statement "The mail queues are much higher than usual" gives no information at all. There is no baseline for comparison. Are you struggling to deliver 4 emails, 4000 emails or 4,000,000?
You originally had a link to the Big Brother reporting system, but that seems to have bitten the dust.

Get coding!
Dean
Grafter

locked topics

Already started the planning. :-) I'm thinking:-

- Email Queues
- DNS lookups
- Portal Speed
- Throughput on a typical Plus, Premier, PAYG account
- more as and when I think of it ;-)

Its not all going to come at once - but we'll continually add to it. I'll get a prototype out next week to the User Group and then we'll work on an implementation plan.

Dean
N/A

locked topics

i do certainly appreciate the staff coming to this forum and speaking like you do dean. but after 3 months of the farce of llu the only way i got moved back to bt was to threaten to leave...before that i was ignored. so all this about to improve stuff is hard to believe.

all i wanted was a good gaming service, i have no interest in downloading 10 files at once at high speed, hell only a buisiness user or a criminal would need that (piracy).

but i was forced to suffer with llu for 3 months. AND i had to pay for it. i was ignored by support staff while always being polite and patient.

i threaten to leave and my ping SUDDENLY (!) drops from an unstable and unplayable level to an excellent 11ms in peak time.

that alone makes me so angry!

1. why wasnt it fixed when i first complained?
2. why should i pay for the last 3 months?