cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

locked thread? WHY ???

N/A

locked thread? WHY ???

why did PN Lock the thread which would have helped them identify the accounts affected by this outage?

Dont they want to know ?
12 REPLIES
Community Veteran

locked thread? WHY ???

PN didn't a mod did, mods are just plusnet customers, they are not employed or paid by PN.

I quite agree with the Mod theres plenty of email related topics around infact far far too many, we only need 1 or 2 discussing the same subject
csogilvie
Grafter

locked thread? WHY ???

Indeed, I locked the thread, and explained my reasoning in the post for doing so.
N/A

locked thread? WHY ???

I must have clicked into the thread between you locking it and your post coming up as I did not see it.
The reason behind the thread as I saw it was to help Mandie who was harvesting all the account names of who have been affected from all the other threads to give to the engineers. It would have saved her going back looking for more over the daytime as it gave a simple - me here - location for new posters
But - hey - wadda I know
Alecto
Grafter

locked thread? WHY ???

Well done Colin.
I love to see threads locked. :lol:
N/A

locked thread? WHY ???

@kintaline - I'm sure she prefers "Mand" (in case you ever need a favour!)
N/A

locked thread? WHY ???

theres plenty of email related topics around infact far far too many

Perhaps due to far far too many email problems with plusnet in recent times?
N/A

locked thread? WHY ???

@kintaline - I'm sure she prefers "Mand" (in case you ever need a favour!)

oppps
Sorry Mand
I hate it when folks get my name wrong
N/A

locked thread? WHY ???

theres plenty of email related topics around infact far far too many

Perhaps due to far far too many email problems with plusnet in recent times?

:lol
Its really our fault -- as paying customers we really really should not expect to receive a basic reliable service
N/A

locked thread? WHY ???

They lock the threads because they want people to start up new ones on the same subject! This way you don't need to page down through countless whinging idiots I mean customers whose only crime is continuing to put up with the "Plusnet Service". It is a daft policy whether it be PN or PN Proxies I mean moderators. Much better to let people rant on and get it out of their system and also to see how big the problem is (MASSIVE).

In fact I think you should merge all the threads on the same subject.

PN manage to blame most problems on BT or you not reading the T&C's but this one is squarely in their lap. It says they have identified the cause - probably a rusting old 286 running Windows 3.1.

Don't worry Plusnet at least this is an honest problem and you are obviously working on it. Sadly my work ISP is still churning out messages so I can't finish early and blame you!
csogilvie
Grafter

locked thread? WHY ???

They lock the threads because they want people to start up new ones on the same subject!

Errr, I locked the thread because I didn't want a new one started on the same subject :?

It is a daft policy whether it be PN or PN Proxies I mean moderators. Much better to let people rant on and get it out of their system and also to see how big the problem is (MASSIVE).

In fact I think you should merge all the threads on the same subject.

I don't think having one thread discussing all the issues is a daft policy at all, personally I think it makes a lot of sense and if I could merge all the threads on the email delays (of which there were about 14 when I counted) I would.
N/A

locked thread? WHY ???

Errr, I locked the thread because I didn't want a new one started on the same subject :?

I don't think having one thread discussing all the issues is a daft policy at all, personally I think it makes a lot of sense and if I could merge all the threads on the email delays (of which there were about 14 when I counted) I would.

It is a thankless task, but there is no point locking threads just because others exist, better to get your technology fixed so that you can merge the threads. It does surprise me that you can't.
shellsong
Grafter

locked thread? WHY ???

Quite! The problem is there is no threading on this forum-- only "Topics"! Mind you it has been said in the past that the integration of phpBB into the PlusNet site has been managed in such a way that it probably couldn't be upgraded with MobyThreads-- I get the impression the whole site is a bit of a kludge! :roll: