cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

linux support

N/A

linux support

Does the unmetered number (080Cool support linux? I can connect using the 0845 number.
Also my connection drops after around 10 seconds, I get one web page then connection refused, etc.
cheers!
Jamie.
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: linux support

> Does the unmetered number (080Cool support linux? I can connect using the 0845 number.
> Also my connection drops after around 10 seconds, I get one web page then connection refused, etc.
> cheers!
> Jamie.

Hi Jamie,

Shouldn't be a problem. The default setup will vary from flavour to flavour so there may be a few teething problems.

Make sure you disable ECN (explicit congestion notification) with 0808 as this will cause problems.

Regards, Torsten.

--
| Torsten Dettlaff...............Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +
N/A

RE: linux support

> Does the unmetered number (080Cool support linux? I can connect using the 0845 number.
> Also my connection drops after around 10 seconds, I get one web page then connection refused, etc.
> cheers!
> Jamie.

Well, my 0808 connection was never "fixed" (despite assurances to the contrary from PlusNet) -- all I can do is connect to the 0845 number. The "Linux and FRIACO" thread from a couple of weeks ago has more info.

Where are you dialling from, Jamie? Also, pppd logs wouldbe very usefull -- pass the "debug" parameter to pppd, and make sure syslog is logging "daemon.debug" messages.

Dima Nemchenko,
on behalf of Josette Guedes