Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

line speed

N/A

line speed

hi can anyone help im new too the internet i can only get 576 speed
my attenuation is local 57 remote31.5
snr local22.5 remote11.5
when i put these in dsl link it says i could get over the 2meg plusnet tell me 576 is all they can give me i have no test socket to try?
is their anything i can do?
thankyou
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

line speed

Hello Avril,

Enter those values into http://www.dslzoneuk.net/maxspeed.php, and will give you an idea of what you may achieve.

I have not seen/heard feedback as to how accurate the tool is in reality. If it was wildly inaccurate I think there would be forums with messages saying so.

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
shellsong
Grafter

line speed

@avrilw
You should get over 2Mbps on MaxDSL when you are put on it-- your line attenuation is what has stopped BTw from allowing you to connect at that sort of speed to date
N/A

line speed

been on dsl line test and it says should get 4.1 mbps iget 576 do u think i should contact plusnet because when i first connected they said 576 is all they could put through the line
thankyou
shellsong
Grafter

line speed

You won't be upgraded to MaxDSL until either your turn comes or you queue jump
Community Veteran

line speed

I suspect 2 things here:

1) You have not yet had your upgrade to MaxDSL, only then will you see higher speeds. It is going to take many months before everyone is upgraded. You should receive an email from PN when they have submitted your MaxDSL upgrade to BT.

2) You may have been limited by the BT database for speed rather than your line only supporting 512Kbs.

Does your ADSL equipment show line stats? if so post them here and we can tell you what speeds you should have been on already.