Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

leaving this isp

N/A

leaving this isp

after three plus years i have finally had enough. getting an answer from these
people is like wading through treacle i need a mac number to move on from
here ,no ranting needed any help from anyone thank you.
16 REPLIES
James
Grafter

leaving this isp

Hi there,

I'd be curious to hear what your complaint/query was related to, and why you feel that you have been let down. If there were areas where we could have performed better, I'd be interested to see to see if anyone was at fault.
N/A

Re: leaving this isp

after three plus years i have finally had enough. getting an answer from these
people is like wading through treacle i need a mac number to move on from
here ,no ranting needed any help from anyone thank you.

Just request your MAC code online at http://portal.plus.net/wizard/index.html?JZu1oo1alTUguBqXkOmsXN1sTrjfO50Ess38rlhqP9YbsmsFVHKn0CdXDX9... ... they will send it with no questions asked.

PN do not really care about losing customers .... I requested a MAC code and told them the reason why I was thinking of leaving.

They gave me the code the next day and they did not attempt to address the problems I have been having. They just asked for me to complete a feedback form ... what a joke.
N/A

leaving this isp

Exactly the same here. I just asked for the code, explained why I was leaving and got it in less than 4 hours. Absolutely no interest shown whatsoever in the points made. After all the complaints about poor customer service that are exceptionally eficcient at helping customers leave.
csogilvie
Grafter

leaving this isp

I have now cancelled direct debit through instructions from my solicitor.

Hmm, IANAL, but that doesn't exactly seem like the most sensible sort of advice to me... I'd have thought the best course of action was to keep paying.
Community Veteran

leaving this isp

To put Jimbo12’s comments into context see this thread;
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=43667

Under his circumstances I can understand why he was advised to cancel his direct debit.
Under normal circumstances is important to fulfil your obligations under the contract, including any outstanding payments.

Chilly
N/A

leaving this isp

Yep. When I stated I would be leaving, giving a reason of dissatisfaction with PlusNet, they expressed no concern whatsoever in their reply.

In fact, almost every time I've communicated with PlusNet, I've been left with the impression that they're not really interested in me.
N/A

leaving this isp

I'd be curious to hear what your complaint/query was related to, and why you feel that you have been let down. If there were areas where we could have performed better, I'd be interested to see to see if anyone was at fault.

I know you didn't ask me, but in case you're interested, I'm particularly unhappy with my treatment recently, as outlined in questions 19293328, 19183707, and 19253709. I'm leaving when my contract runs out as a result.

Although I'm quite surprised by your showing interest in a customer's dissatisfaction—it's the exact opposite of my experience with the vast majority of PlusNet staff.
N/A

leaving this isp

No reply. Is it really a surprise? Heh.
James
Grafter

leaving this isp

Hi there,

I've just asked someone to action this asap.

A quick insight into what I do. No, I don't ignore customers, that couldn't be further from the truth, and literally anyone on ADSLGuide will be testament to that.

I spend the majority of my day raising issues within our internal Comms System for my staff to action. Basically, I send details of the post concerned to our system, which then turns it into a ticket.

Clearly, your ticket wasn't picked up in a timely manner, for which I sincerely apologise. I've ask Jon Whiting to look into it again, this very second, and you should hear from him shortly.

I'd also like to apologise for not having seen note of your previous issues. I spend the majority of my time on ADSLGuide, whereas my other staff should be covering the portal forums. The fact that we have not picked up on your issues in the past is clearly a poor showing, and we'll be addressing these issues as we move forward.

Again, I apologise for your having felt let down, and your queries shall be addressed shortly.
N/A

leaving this isp

Haven't heard from anyone.
N/A

leaving this isp

Hi there,

now where could we possibly start?
Laugh
Grafter

leaving this isp

Haven't heard from anyone.

Oops! Would you like a bandage for your foot James? Wink
Mand
Grafter

leaving this isp

Hi gizmo,

I tried calling you this morning to discuss your issues. I have left a message for you with a number to call me back should you wish to do so.

Alternatively you can drop me a PM or an email: mbeckett@plus.net and I'd be happy to discuss and hopefully resolve some of your concerns, I look forward to hearing from you.
N/A

leaving this isp

Thanks for the message. Sorry I was not around to answer the call.

Well, I am in the process of writing a pretty-large letter of complaint, to be sent to PlusNet's head office, Ofcom, and BBC's Watchdog, which details my dissatisfaction with PlusNet, and it's taking quite a while to finish. So it's quite a substantial complaint really; not one that's very easy to do justice to over the phone.

The major issues are outlined in questions 19253709, 19183707, and 19293328 (chronological order this time, unlike before; I would recommend they be read in chronological order). Those illustrate the main cause of my unhappiness.

To be frank, there's nothing that could be done to stop me leaving now. I replied to James Bailey's message only because he expressed interest in hearing about a customer's dissatisfaction.

I'll be gone soon, although that's going to be a bit of a hassle, not being able to get a MAC anymore (although PlusNet have promised to cover the £47 charge for the move {question 19524322}; but that of course doesn't cover the expected week of downtime involved). And I'm going to have to pay for extra days when I leave as a result of how PlusNet handles contracts, which I'm not best pleased about (question 19530990).

Anyway, I appreciate the reply, although, to be quite blunt, it's a shame that PlusNet would express interest in my dissatisfaction only after I've posted about it here, and even then ignoring me initially (why didn't James Bailey reply to me until I replied twice; why didn't someone get back to me "asap"). Anyway, I'm getting quite tired of arguing now.