cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lack of pop3 access

N/A

lack of pop3 access

Anybody else trying to use outlook (and or express) and getting pop3 issues. Worked fine this am, but nothing since lunchtime.

My settings as per FAQ info.
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

lack of pop3 access

Not seen any issues all day.

What errors are you getting when it fails - please post full error messages?

Have you tried with your virus scanner &/or firewall disabled as they can often cause problems like this.

Have you tried rebooting your PC & router (if you have one).
LiamM
Grafter

lack of pop3 access

No problems here either.
N/A

POP3 access Problem fixed !!! (well gone away anyway)

Really strange, rebooted several times yesterday but nothing positive. Today rebooted again and pop3 works. I have not changed anything (maybe norton updated something?). Hey ho all is well now anyway.

Thanks for your comments
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

lack of pop3 access

Are you using AVG7? As recently Grisoft changed how its pop3 proxy works and I can nolonger send PN mail via it with my last working settings with the old version but can receive, plus pop3 access was intermitant but nolonger. So you need to uninstall and reinstall to get the new proxy settings as the email scanner wizard is also gone.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
Community Veteran

lack of pop3 access

I have just sent out an email with AVG Version 7 working on my PC.
No problems at all with it :?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

lack of pop3 access

not wanting to hijack this, but I had my AVG settings for months and it wasn't until about 4 or 5 revisions ago it started to constantly timeout when connecting. Recently I had tried to mail Grisoft via my PN account and it failed, when it perviously normally worked without updating the core files.

So after a pc reinstall I had used the new installer exe and my old settings for each email account, but could no longer send any mail via PN, plus the timeouts where still as bad when connecting. But since I removed the old settings and used the new defaults I can mail via PN and no longer get any timeouts when connecting to the pop3 server.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
Community Veteran

lack of pop3 access

not wanting to hijack this,

But since I removed the old settings and used the new defaults I can mail via PN and no longer get any timeouts when connecting to the pop3 server.

I have to admit that mine is a new clean installation of version 7 following a hard drive crash which forced me to install what is now a new PC.
The setting are the default ones that come with AVG7