cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

junk mail

N/A

junk mail

Before I moved to plus net I received very few junk messages (spam)
Now I receive hundreds. I wonder hpw much plus net make from sellimg lists of e.mail addresses. Anybody know ?
5 REPLIES
N/A

junk mail

i ve never got any junk emails from my plus email account at all maybe you signed up for stuff without relising it? Cheesy
N/A

junk mail

Hi Peter,

Welcome to the boards.

Just to reassure you. Plus net do not sell mailing lists of customers accounts.

Are you taking advantage of the spam filtering service provided by Plus net? From within the Email Settings link on the left, ensure you spam protection is set to Active and at the level you require. Whilst this will not block spam, it will flag it and by the vreation of rules within your mail client you can filter the junk.
Highlighted
N/A

junk mail

I've never had any spam on my plusnet account either
N/A

junk mail

Thanks for tha guys. I'm reassured. All I need now is a download speed increase Thanks again
Community Veteran

junk mail

Im guessing that you are just checking your default account for mail which will receive anynameatall to your @username.plus.com

If so then set up two named mailboxes one with the name you want to use for your mail eg fred@username.plus.com and the other one called postmaster.

The postmaster one is a requirement of the terms and conditions that you agree to monitor as PlusNet don't know what name of box you are using if they need to mail you.

Doing the above should remove a lot of the spam you are getting if my guess is right about you using the default catch all mail box.