cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

its crap.. total crap..

N/A

its crap.. total crap..

one day i am using 2mbit teleworker account - fine no speed issues etc etc (ergo no problems AT ALL) next i regrade to the "upto 2mbit" premiere account, and i get f00ked, i get regraded down to a 1mbit line cos "my line wont support 2mbit" er.... i have had 2mbit for about a year and a half - 2 mbit, i changed ONLY cos it was cheeper and now they go and chuck me on 1mbit cos of it. WTF! the * at the base of the home thing says "upto 2mbit if your line can support it" well er,... i have had speeds of 240kb/s for the last 2 years nearly so um i think my line supports it and now they are saying i have to have 1mbit !!! WTF!!!!
17 REPLIES
N/A

its crap.. total crap..

Borrow a different, newer modem/router from a friend and have the line tested again. Some older routers can add up to 12db of noise to your line.

Simon
N/A

its crap.. total crap..

it.. is..NOT.. the hardware and i could put 100000000 million billon quid on that. its plusnet being tards once more
N/A

after sales sucks!!!

ive been with this isp for a few years now ,I had 2mb premier line since they started it. my friend moved to the 14.99, 2mb and did not experience any slower speeds than wot i was acheiving except that i was paying 29.99 a month she was only paying 14.99 so i tried to downgrade to the cheaper one. anyway cut a long story short. i got there in the end. but my line was regraded as only accepting 1mb !!!! they fook you off plusnet sometimes it will be the last time i recommend them to my friends.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

its crap.. total crap..

I'm arranging for your line to be whooshed to see if it is capable of 2MB.

Please be aware that although you have had 2MB in the past, line quality can deteriorate over time, and you may not be able to have it at the moment.
N/A

its crap.. total crap..

I was with Plusnet just over a month ago on 2mb broadband premier. I have been tested for the 8mb line and acheived these

31-05-2005 23:32:49 speed 1915.9
19-05-2005 13:25:08 speed 1913.7

so i know its not the line

!!!
LiamM
Grafter

its crap.. total crap..

Surely if it has been working fine and he has had no problems, that would be indicative of it's capability for 2Mb?
N/A

Re: its crap.. total crap..

one day i am using 2mbit teleworker account - fine no speed issues etc etc (ergo no problems AT ALL) next i regrade to the "upto 2mbit" premiere account, and i get f00ked, i get regraded down to a 1mbit line cos "my line wont support 2mbit" er.... i have had 2mbit for about a year and a half - 2 mbit, i changed ONLY cos it was cheeper and now they go and chuck me on 1mbit cos of it. [censored]! the * at the base of the home thing says "upto 2mbit if your line can support it" well er,... i have had speeds of 240kb/s for the last 2 years nearly so um i think my line supports it and now they are saying i have to have 1mbit !!! [censored]!!!!

@buzzons try this it's a broadband checker it will tell you if your line is 2M or not

http://www.broadbandchecker.co.uk/?GTSE=goog&GTKW=broadband%20checker
N/A

its crap.. total crap..

I honestly think that Customer service levels have slipped. I have always had a good word to say about Plusnet to my friends, Ive even recommended a few.

when i had a problem if any it was usually sorted with the next day or so, but now you never hear anything no feedback...

These were speeds tests done in March!!!

14-04-2005 19:55:24 speed 46282.5
14-04-2005 19:53:37 speed 38340.1

so i wont be fobbed of with its BT fault .!
N/A

its crap.. total crap..

Sounds like PN to me, throw obvious facts in their face and they somehow ignore em...
holdtight
Grafter

its crap.. total crap..

@ianangell the broadband checker only says SHOULD be able to get 2MB same as BT`s checker does, thats no gaurantee that you actually can

i think buzzons has a valid point here 2MB for nearly two years means that his line does support it thats been proven so why the move to 1MB Huh

Answers are needed and i would be equally as miffed
N/A

its crap.. total crap..

supposadly the levels are like .5 out or sommit so it got put automaticaly on 1mbit, meh! they are sorting it out for free (nice of them Smiley) but still wtf!
Ben_Brown
Grafter

its crap.. total crap..

shauncharles - like with buzzons I can arrange for your line to be whoosh tested. If it's above the limit of 43db we can try a manual order, however if the line is unstable and BT deem that it cannot support the faster speed, there will be a charge to downgrade it.

Please also remember that decibels are logarithmic, so being 1-2db out is a considerable amount.
N/A

its crap.. total crap..

@ianangell the broadband checker only says SHOULD be able to get 2MB same as BT`s checker does, thats no gaurantee that you actually can

i think buzzons has a valid point here 2MB for nearly two years means that his line does support it thats been proven so why the move to 1MB Huh

Answers are needed and i would be equally as miffed

Several possible reasons. When I was given my 2MB Premier (Unlimited) line in 2003, I'm fairly sure that the red line was drawn at 47db. That line is now drawn at 43db. So a line which was borderline ok in 2003 would not now be allocated 2MB. Whether things will change once the exchanges are all upgraded, I don't know, but we were all told that BT would be able to squeeze more speed out of our lines.

Another possibility is a deteriorating line. For whatever reasons, a line can worsen by a few db over time.

And a third possibility is hardware - or a combination of a deteriorating line and hardware. Some older routers add a lot more noise to the line than some others and it is definitely possible to bring a borderline connection back into spec by changing your router - as proven here: http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=30516

Simon.
vic_newey
Grafter

its crap.. total crap..

it.. is..NOT.. the hardware and i could put 100000000 million billon quid on that. its plusnet being tards once more

I've told you 6 million times -stop exagerating Tongue