cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

isdn -250 hrs for £20

N/A

isdn -250 hrs for £20

isdn -plusnet get a regular posting -when are we going to get isdn - well plusnet the competition is hotting up - with NDO announcing 250hrs a month unmetered access at 128k - its looking almost too tempting. come on plusnet, nobody in their right mind is going to hang on forever while you lot dither. if, as you claim, you are waiting for BTs mid band product - could be a long time coming if BT moves at its normal dead snail pace.
13 REPLIES
N/A

RE: isdn -250 hrs for £20

Hi,

We know this is a product that our customers have been waiting for for a long time - and obviously it is frustrating that there are further delays with its introduction.
However, there is still a lot of development work to be done before we can bring this to you - unfortunately I have no update to give you as yet.

Regards,
Richard

--
| Richard Allen................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd.........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

RE: isdn -250 hrs for £20

Well i signed up for it - and so far so good Smiley
N/A

RE: isdn -250 hrs for £20

> plusnet need to realise that there are a significant number of customers who cant get broadband - will not be able to get broadband in the forseeable future and who's only realistic alternative is isdn - when you seem to be constanly falling over yourselves to provide bigger better packages for ADSL users, the poor (country) cousins go without - how about putting a bit more effort in for the isdn users - or is it the service versus potential profit thats stopping development. i have been with a few isp's over the years - plusnet is head and shoulders above the rest -with this one exception.
N/A

RE: isdn -250 hrs for £20

Hi,

As I've said, there is still work to be done before we can release an unmetered service based on 128k.
One of the main reasons for the delay is that we need to ensure we have the facilities in our dial platform for providing it - this does take time both in respect to our network infrastructure and development.
As soon as we have any further information we will of course let you know.

Regards,
Richard

--
| Richard Allen................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd.........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

RE: isdn -250 hrs for £20

And yet muppets like GIO can setup via Blomley and do it overnight - sorry if i find that hard to believe - other ISP's have been doing 128K for years.

Still - time will tell.
N/A

RE: isdn -250 hrs for £20

> And yet muppets like GIO can setup via Blomley and do it overnight - sorry if i find that hard to believe - other ISP's have been doing 128K for years.
>
> Still - time will tell.

I have to agree with you Peter - we are being fobbed off with feeble excuses.
N/A

RE: isdn -250 hrs for £20

Hi,

> I have to agree with you Peter - we are being fobbed off with feeble excuses.

That is unfair. While we could pay a reseller to deliver this type of product, as the ISPs you have mentioned do, that doesn't fit with our business model and would mean we had to scrap our entire Friaco platform and start again. I posted extensive details of the technical difficulties here:

http://portal.plus.net/central.html?action=new_forums&forum_action=display_topic&topic_id=7279&messa...

Unfortuntely, there have been a couple more setbacks with the Redback equipment and we currently have a TAC case open with them in order to get a resolution to the issue.

With Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support
N/A

RE: isdn -250 hrs for £20

>this is one reason why i like plusnet - i know i am dealing with real people - and its just slightly amusing to see your responses getting edgy. the fact of the matter is that as much as i like plusnet - i want a 128k connection and my patience is getting a bit thin - technical explanations aside - your taking to long to get your act together - like Peter i will probably try an alnative supplier - because my favourite isp dont deliver the goods.
keithivan
Grafter
Posts: 29
Registered: 30-07-2007

RE: isdn -250 hrs for £20

> >this is one reason why i like plusnet - i know i am dealing with real people - and its just slightly amusing to see your responses getting edgy. the fact of the matter is that as much as i like plusnet - i want a 128k connection and my patience is getting a bit thin - technical explanations aside - your taking to long to get your act together - like Peter i will probably try an alnative supplier - because my favourite isp dont deliver the goods.

This deal from ndo seems too good to be true!
Went to plusnet because of being open and honest!
However parting with 29.99 per month for 64k access is starting to hurt. Should I make the Jump?
Well Plusnet convince me your worth it!
Lets have a date for 128k access.
--
N/A

RE: isdn -250 hrs for £20

> Well Plusnet convince me your worth it!
> Lets have a date for 128k access.

Well, I can't work Magic, but we are getting there.

A live test of the proposed solution is due on Tuesday and Thursday next week. Obviously the outcome of that will determine how long it will take us to get everything else sorted.

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support
N/A

RE: isdn -250 hrs for £20

> > Ian - at last, a ray of hope.
N/A

RE: isdn -250 hrs for £20

Hi Ian,

You know me - wasen't meant to be an unfair judgement - but most ISP's doing 128K have everything inhouse -

Anyway! let's wait and see what you can come up with Smiley

And the NDOP deal isn't too good to be true - i've been using it allnight and got through 700MB - it's good - for now.. Sad

N/A

RE: isdn -250 hrs for £20

Apparently the NDO deal is 250 hours at 64k and 125 hours at 128K - which okay may have people going < sigh> BUT do the math!

1 hr @ 128K - £1.20
125 hours ( off peak) @ 12k = £150!

So £19,99 for 125 hours of 128K is still good value! - i am on it now and it's really good speed - and no connection problems

+ Net - match this and i'll be happy Smiley