cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is this the norm , a ticket unanswered for 29hrs?

N/A

being new to plus net have i made a mistake ?

should a support ticket go 25hrs with out response?
27 REPLIES
Community Veteran

It depends what the issue is. It might have gone to a department that dont work weekends. If you post details of the problem here, maybe someone can help or at least help find the reason why its taken so long.

Chris
N/A

I work in IT and if I cannot answer the question I tell the customer that I am working on it, respond rather than ignore the customer.
I have only had Plusnet for 7 days and I am rather shocked and surprised by the rubbish after sale side of the business following the rather professional pre sales side

Its funny I called 5 net providers with the same questions

1. do you have usage capping
2. are you going to offer me a better service than my current provider ( I named them )
3. do you have long support queues
4. Do you feel that you provide good value for money

After the answers I received from plus net sales I am shocked at the actual facts …..
LiamM
Grafter

In order to preserve the resources of the Customer Support Staff... when you go through the ticket process, the ticket ends up in the pool of a specific team depending on which path you choose.

This team should be the ones that can deal with your request and the ticketing system works this out by the path that you follow.

If the team do not work weekends, then it will go unanswered over the weekend, but should be responded to at the beginning of the working week.

Otherwise, all tickets would have to go to the CSC who would only say "I can't solve this and the team that can don't work weekends". That would be a waste of time, and slow down tickets that they actually can solve.
N/A

The question on my ticket should be answerable by the lowest grade of techie

Also they should initiate a system that warns the customer , yes that’s me the paying customer , that the ticket will be answered by the relevant department
And when, rather than ignoring the customer,
LiamM
Grafter

What was your question? And what ticket path did you follow?
N/A

being new to this forum are you an employee of plusnet?
Community Veteran

No, Liam does not work for plusnet. Nor do any of the other mods. Those who work for plusnet have "Plusnet Staff" or "Plusnet Comms Team" above their avatar.
N/A

Hi there and welcome to the forums, by the way.

Liam is not an employee of Plus Net and neither is Chris. Both are customers like you and I who also happen to be forum moderators. Both guys are knowledgable about how this isp work and will help where possible.

This is a community forum where many of us try to help each other. It is not an official Plus Net support medium.
N/A

Mark

thanks for the warm welcome, I mistakenly thought this was a a forum that the support team might monitor. thus getting some answers on a ticket with a very easy question that has not been answered after 28 hrs.

Did i make a mistake moving to plusnet , if this is the level of service yes i think i did
N/A

Hi,

The forums are monitored by the Comms team who will answer some of the posts.

However it should not be seen as a way of shortcutting the ticket system.

The Customer support team are under a lot of pressure at the moment and are dealing with a large volume of tickets. This is leading to an increase in ticket closure times.

Add the fact that some tickets can only be dealt with by departments who only work business hours and this can also lead to an increased wait.

In my opinion you have not made a mistake. Yes there is a fairly high level of discontent on the forums at the moment and most of that is down to poor communication, a fact which Plus Net have acknowledged and are addressing.

In terms of the actual product that this company supplies, it is good, it works, and it comes at a reasonable cost.

The company has issues, many of which have been acknowledged and are being dealt with.

I woud recommend that you hang in there. I believe that this ISP will return to the high standards it had not too long ago.

I agree with your comments about the ticket system and this point has been raised many times. Customers should not be given false expectations and hopefuly this situation will improve.

If you wish, you can post your issue to the boards. Thjere is very little that the folks here cant help you with.
N/A

mark

you comments are noted , but i pay plusnet to provide a service and provide support for that service not , with due respect , other users.

If i have a problem with my Sky TV package , i call sky , not ask the guy next door?

this ticket has been open for 28hrs lets see how long it is left open

PS has any one got a postal address for plus net please
N/A

but i pay plusnet to provide a service and provide support for that service not , with due respect , other users.

Understood.

However, if that is the case and with respect, the forums are not the place to seek that help then.

Postal address

PlusNet
PO Box 3704
Terry Street
Sheffield
S9 2WL

I hope you get the problem sorted soon.
N/A

25hr for a reply is good i had to wait 2 days and then they did nothing
N/A

2 days? Lucky you....mine's been 5 days, and counting....