cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is this a change to my contract?

winnipeg1823
Grafter

sorry if this has been covered before, but I would like some views on the below circumstances.
In April I was moved to LLU before the opt out option was introduced.
Plusnet stated that nothing would change regarding my broadband account. However, what they didnt say was that it would be near impossible to move ISP's.

I view this as a significant change in my broadband account, and had I been told this I would have fought against the move.

I am now on my fourth loss of ADSL signal since the move to LLU, and in average it takes 14 days to fix, that is a long time without a connection, therefore I now wish to move to another ISP, but find that it is not as easy as it would have been prior to my forced move to LLU.

If a company are going to make changes that have this effect, should the customers not be told first.
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Its not a change to your contract as it states in your T&C's that you agreed to that PN can use any wholesale provider, I shall find the exact quote in a min!
N/A

Re: is this a change to my contract?

If a company are going to make changes that have this effect, should the customers not be told first.

Yes they should and they said they would - 4 months later and they have not. Only if you read these and PUG forums or have subscribed to status reports can you have noticed there was an opt out.
N/A

Personally I think Plusnet should have something like this on there website on the pages advertising there broadband packages: "Note that once you have agreed to join us you will be trapped, and although, if you wish to leave, we will give you a MAC; don't expect it to be accepted by most ISPs, as we will have moved your broadband line away from BT and onto whoever is the most financially cheapest option for us. We do this for the benefit of our customers, honest."

Smiley
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Re: is this a change to my contract?

In April I was moved to LLU before the opt out option was introduced.

If this is the case then you would be eligable for a migration back to IPStream. Raise a Question via the Help Assistant if you haven't already. Regarding your other point, I'm pretty sure it isn't a break of contract.

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

winnipeg1823
Grafter

thanks Bob, regarding going back to BT, firstly I was told via a question to hang fire and see if my LLU improved, and in any case it would involve a downtime of up to a week ( why they can move you to LLU in 5 mins, but not back again defeats me)
Then when I enquired again about moving I was told it would cost me, I think it was about £50, but I can check the answer when I am back up and running because as yet my LLU adsl connection is still down
N/A

Then when I enquired again about moving I was told it would cost me, I think it was about £50

Oh.. would that be the £50 activation fee you have already paid BT Wink (deferred or otherwise)
Community Veteran

If you move your broadband service to another phone number or address (when you keep the same number), it involves a cease and reprovide for which BT charge £47+VAT.

The mover has 2 options: Pay the fee upfront on moving or deffer it for 5 years and if you leave within 5 yeras you have to pay it back on a pro-rata basis (the longer you stay the less you pay back).

It has nothing to do with any activation fee (defered or otherwise) you have already paid to have ADSL installed at the current location. Moving ADSL is not free!

Finally if you have defered both activation fees, both have to be paid back, pro-rata, befoe you can migrate out.