cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is something about to break in the email system?

Community Veteran

I just tried to send an email from work to home and recieved this message. Does it indicate that a problems about to arise with e-mail again?

Cheers

A

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software. A message that you sent has not yet been delivered to one or more of its recipients after more than 24 hours on the queue on ptb-mxcore02.plus.net.

The message identifier is: 1GXx1Z-0000IL-UU
The subject of the message is: FW: Subject deleted
The date of the message is: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 08:49:23 +0100

The address to which the message has not yet been delivered is:

***@.co.uk
Delay reason: SMTP error from remote mailer after end of data:
host localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1]: 451 4.1.0 Temporary local problem - please try later

No action is required on your part. Delivery attempts will continue for some time, and this warning may be repeated at intervals if the message remains undelivered. Eventually the mail delivery software will give up, and when that happens, the message will be returned to you.
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

There are delays on the mail platform right now, there should be a service status update soon!

On a related note pop and imap seem to be down again! I am trying to get this raised with PN.
N/A

yup, email is busted.. AGAIN!!!

PlusNet your customers rely on their email for their businesses!

can you please sort this out NOW!!!

easily the worst ISP in the history of the internet

FFS
N/A

I'd like to quote a bit of the last service status report:

We will leave service status on amber until we are satisifed that all email is being delivered on time.

Now - it's not longer on amber, giving the impression, therefore, that "all email is being delivered on time". I've just received one that was sent on Wednesday night. Having looked at the header, it seems to have taken until 4am yesterday (Thursday) to arrive at plusnet (assuming I've read it right), but then it has taken well over 24 hours to reach me ....
Community Veteran

Not a cleaver position to be in.

I am not surprised that there are queues on the mail servers again, with the volumes spam and bounced messages that are flooding in at present.

Chilly
N/A

Not a cleaver position to be in.

Chilly

no maybe it isnt, but in 2006, running a reliable email service is not difficult, email as a format basically hasnt changed in 20 years, hundreds of other providers are able to provide reliable email, it is a reasonable assumption when you sign up to plusnet, them being one of the top 10 ISPs and offering email for hosted domains as part of the package, that their service would be at least mostly reliable. the fact is it barely works half of the time.

plusnet are a joke.