cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it time to ditch f9?

N/A

is it time to ditch f9?

i am downloading at 14-16 kps on a 1 meg connection. if i use my dad's pc, 1 meg on cable, i can download the same files from the same location at 130 kps.
i cannot get cable but i can switch to a proper isp.
8 REPLIES
N/A

is it time to ditch f9?

hi neil,

yep major discussions going on here regarding F9 and their current antics

have a read of some of the posts

regards
mike
ukbrown
Grafter

is it time to ditch f9?

Not really time to leave, a good time to reappraise the current ISP market and see what;s out there.

Don't forget you would not see anything in the forums of most ISP's, for the simple reason they do not have them.
N/A

is it time to ditch f9?

yup its time to go any isp who can bring in a SUP via the back door will not get my money. up untill this i have been happy with F9 and told alot of ppl about how good they were, not now now i have to look over my shoulder when downloading is it peek is it not no tools to help i have never downloaded 100gb never will but i have downloaded 30gb+ when i am at my pc and thats "peek" time i dont want to have to keep my pc on all night just to help F9( save money on more bt pipes). so i have got my MAC code and placed my order with eclipse http://www.eclipse.net.uk/index.cfm?id=bbresidentialservices it costs more that F9 and not as much web space but it was never about the cost and i dont need the webspace but i do like
Heavier users who want the fastest speed that eats up everything the web has to offer
thats wot i joined F9 for they no longer offer me that Cry
N/A

I left eclipse to come to force9

I told eclipse force9 were doing a better deal and they laughed.....Little did I know that the force9 were a bunch of cowboys.....I'm going back to eclipse...they were dearer but I never once got any hastle emails from them, they never capped my downloads and the service was always up.....Force9 are pants!
N/A

is it time to ditch f9?

yup
N/A

Re: I left eclipse to come to force9

I told eclipse force9 were doing a better deal and they laughed.....Little did I know that the force9 were a bunch of cowboys.....I'm going back to eclipse...they were dearer but I never once got any hastle emails from them, they never capped my downloads and the service was always up.....Force9 are pants!

I still don't understand why f9 don't consider offering a higher cost package with no traffic shaping applied.... it's clear that most medium heavy users would be happy to pay a higher price for the bandwidth they use.... it's not always about the money.
N/A

is it time to ditch f9?

when i joined F9 i was happy to pay £39.99 for a top end/no cap isp now if they said to me ok u can have it all back for £39.99 i would have to say NO they have %&u*ed me and every one over to bad for us to stay and i say to all of you die hard F9 fans that they will keep doing wot they want un till it hurts there ££££££ you may be ok for now small downloads only use it for email but as VoIP and TVoIP start to get bigger then they will need more and more B/W and they have showen that they will not spend there £ on more bt pipes so were will this B/W come from? from you thats were. it is funny that all this started the same time as plustalk :shock: so if you think that because you are a small user now that 30GB pick and 100GB total is somewere you will never go that every thing will be good for you just remamber that you and i never sined up for SUP/CAP and who is a light user of today may well be the hevy user of tomorrow Cry
N/A

is it time to ditch f9?

what is broadband?
i am now downloading from easynews at 12 kps - that's dial up so why am i paying 24.99GBP for a broadband service that I don't get?
emailed f9 and they sent a rather long reply containing links to bt websites where i could do speed tests. no mention of SUP. i only get that from discussion groups. there are those on here that think this is an okay service.,
apart from surfing and email I download 100mg (not gb) from easynews each week. surely that does not make me a heavy user and yet I only get 12-16 kps.
this just does not sit right.