cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internet keeps disconecting

N/A

hey just wondering is anybodys internet disconects after a while im keep having to log on then off to get it reconnected there is nothing wrong with my router this has only just started in the last week or so im on a premier account
13 REPLIES
Community Veteran

I'm presuming you are losing sync have a look at these.

http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/10

http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/13
N/A

I've been having the same problem, loads a bt page saying there has been an error. Damn BT.
Community Veteran

What BT page, if it's the one i'm thinking of there may be a way round it?
N/A

To be honest Daniel, can't really remember. Had a green bit down the left, an IP adress in the address bar and some helpful (like undies with rusty nails in them!) tips about why I can't connect. Some of the advise was something along the lines:

It could be BTW.
It could be ISP.

Sorry, I can't remember anymore, forgot to print screen it. Had it 2 or 3 times this week, nextr time I'll take more notice!
N/A

This one:

"You have been connected to this page due to one of the following reasons. You must now shut down your browser and Internet applications before attempting to reconnect."

It then goes on to list a number of possibilities.

It started yesterday evening. No changes to my wiring (been like it is for several months - since inserting surge protection). We upgraded to 2mb recently (not sure when, but think at least a week ago).

Operating data from ADSL router:

Operation Data Upstream Downstream
Noise Margin 31 dB 17.5 dB
Output Power 12 dBm 19.5 dBm
Attenuation 19 dB 31 dB

I've lost the post that gives reasonable SNRs so don't know what to compare those figures with.
LiamM
Grafter

Try rebooting your router. It has been known to happen when the router incorrectly picks up one of the DNS servers on connection. Rebooting generally solves the problem - or manually configuring your router to the IPs of two of Plusnets DNS servers.
Community Veteran

/\ he read my mind :lol:

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Quote removed. Please don't use ALL of the preceding post as a quote.
N/A

Doh! That would normally have been my first thing to try. A bit distracted at the moment - came on here to see if any reported faults, got caught up in all the disconnect issues on these forums and competely forgot about that. I'll give it a go. Wink
Community Veteran

If that doesn't work give it a whack for good measure :razz:
N/A

Do you mind, I paid good money for that white box! :shock:

Seems to be working now, many thanks. Cheesy
Difficult to know for sure at the moment though, as it could be intermittent at times, then come in droves.

Just for others' benefit, the reboot didn't work, but putting in the DNS has so far done so. Took a while to reconnect, but all back up, now.

Any ideas why it should suddenly start doing that?

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Quote removed as it was just a copy of the preceding post and not needed.
N/A

Sorry, is that the same for the voyager 105? I seem to remeber unplugging it and getting back on line ok.
N/A

My guess would be that it's the same. Instead of setting your modem or router to automatically get the DNS settings from the ISP you put the actual numbers for the primary and secondary servers in.

Those numbers can be found under Connection Settings over on the left....

<-----------over there somewhere.

Hope it helps.
N/A

Thanks Kapin i'll have a geez.

EDIT: Yeah right you are, thanks for that.