cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internet hanging

N/A

internet hanging

ok,
when i play any games, be it bf2 or any steam game, i can play for about 10 minutes then my connection will just hang and to get back on it i have to rejoin the server, it happens when i am on ventrilo or ts2 also, i have ran spyware scans and antivirus scans and my system is clean, has anyone got any ideas why to this might be happening, also ive tried rebooting my router also, Netgear dg384.
This has only started in the last couple of days
5 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

internet hanging

Is your connection otherwise stable?

Can you post any traceroutes to the servers?

Do you have any other software running at the same time?

Free from Viruses / Spyware etc...?
N/A

internet hanging

you got the same problems as me m8, my connectiong to servers on bf 2 go all the time Sad but it was even worse when i was on peak time management, then it was completly useless to even try to play any games online coz upload was taken down to 1 kb/s. Are you on a bandwidth management scheme??
ArmaLite
N/A

internet hanging

I'm having the exact same problem, connection has been dropping several times per hour for the last couple of days. Synch isnt going, just connection. The connection does get back up almost instantly, but its still enough to throw me off the WoW and Teamspeak servers I use.
N/A

internet hanging

im on the broadband premier 2mb package, stupidly i went straight into a 12 month contract when i moved to plusnet, my connection has been horrible these last few weeks, i also work from home most days now and i need a stable connection, when i play games in the evening, be it cs or bf2 i can play for 10 minutes and then my connection literally dies without disconnecting, i need a more reliable isp, but sadly i have about 6+ months left with pn before i can leave
:sadface: . no .. i normally just have msn and mirc running, but i removed EVERYTHING from startup to see if that was the problem but it is still the same
N/A

internet hanging

I have to say, its been the same for me, ping jumps from 20 upto 300 now and then, I'M starting to get a bit miffed
Trace route seems ok when I do it, but thats no good for a problem that happens out of the blue and just for a couple on min's then goes back to normal after the damage is done Sad

Evil