cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

interleaving....

N/A

interleaving....

Should I leave it turned on or turn it off, as I have noticed there is now an option under Connection Setting's to turn it off, but once turned off you cannot turn it back on? should I leave it on?
17 REPLIES
N/A

interleaving....

wothout interleaving you may get a slower connection in temrs on bandwidth but latency/lag will reduce. If you are not a gamer or use VPN I'd leave it alone.
N/A

interleaving....

I will leave it alone then, thankyou!
oakuka
Grafter

interleaving....

I dont have this, im a gamer and im experiencing really bad lag lately, can some one check if i have it on or off plz and switch it to the one thats better for gaming?
N/A

interleaving....

turning off interleaving may also make a connection more unreliable if the line is particularly noisy.
N/A

interleaving....

can some one check if i have it on or off plz and switch it to the one thats better for gaming?

You can check in your router/modem stats and look for 'Latency Mode' or similar. 'Fast' is not interleaved, 'Interleaved' is, well, interleaved.

I believe there is now a button in the portal conection settings to switch it off, never needed it so don't know exactly where it is.
oakuka
Grafter

interleaving....

can some one check if i have it on or off plz and switch it to the one thats better for gaming?

You can check in your router/modem stats and look for 'Latency Mode' or similar. 'Fast' is not interleaved, 'Interleaved' is, well, interleaved.

I believe there is now a button in the portal conection settings to switch it off, never needed it so don't know exactly where it is.

Speedtouch 330

ChannelMode= Interleaved

Does that explane why im getting whoring lag!?
N/A

interleaving....

you can also check to see wether you have interleaving switched on or off by clicking on the appropriate link on the page below...

https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=myconnection&?membermenu=connectionsettings
N/A

interleaving....

ChannelMode= Interleaved

Does that explane why im getting whoring lag!?

It would explain high pings, and maybe a bit of lag, but I think Plusnet's over-subscription on it's network explains most lag. My pings are nearly the same as they have always been +5ms, but playing the same game on the same server now lags a lot more than it did a year or two ago.
oakuka
Grafter

interleaving....

Well i play CSS alot, and from a low 20-30 ping on a uk server i get 50 - 500 with horrible spikes of lag.
N/A

interleaving....

Interleaving increases your ping by around 20ms, it doesn't explain pings of up to 500ms though. I have been seeing pings of up to 900ms in game to a US server which usually pings around 120ms. Personally, I am migrating soon as I do not think the Plusnet network can cope with the volume of traffic.
oakuka
Grafter

interleaving....

Yeah i'm wanting to migrate, but ££ is not an option.
So my best chance is to turn off interleaveing off then!
N/A

interleaving....

Turning it off will give you a better ping but decrease your synch/download speed slightly, I have it disabled as I am a regular gamer, and high synch doesn't mean much when you can never max the connection any way due to throttling.
oakuka
Grafter

interleaving....

Yeah im a gamer too, leauges soon, so i need a good ping.
Suppose its CSC ticket next. Chears for the info and help.
N/A

interleaving....

You should see a button in your 'Connection Settings' in the portal to turn it off, no need to raise a ticket any more.