cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imap EMAIL IS BROKEN

N/A

imap EMAIL IS BROKEN

hI,

Despite the service status saying email is fixed, my two IMAP email accounts are broken.

When trying to access them they just hang and hang and hang!

I have left a general question, but I cannot find how toi leave a FAULT entry for email in the new system. The only fault that I can log appears to be a broadband connection failure.

Edit finish post after discon

I would be very grateful if someone could advise me on the correct way to use the new "question" system to log a definite fault with the emailI system

thanks and regards

Patrick
4 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

imap EMAIL IS BROKEN

I've just had a look at this, and I can't seem to find anything wrong with the IMAP servers at the moment. Have you tried turning off your firewall/antivirus software to ensure that a recent update hasn't caused any problems?

If that doesn't work, then I'd suggest updating your question with as much information as possible to enable the support team to investigate the issue.
N/A

Why is it always my fault

Hi Jon,

My Imap account has been working OK for yonks,

I have not changed anything my end

There is no logical reason why it should have stopped working

All I get when I try to read messages on the remote inbox is a busy icon on the mal client activity icon.

I get no timeout or failure to login message as I normally do when the imap server is down

UPDATE UPDATE Just got onto router

Apologies to +net.... Port 143 forwarding had completely vanished from my firewall settings reapplied port forward IMAP ok now.

I had not edited them for weeks! Most peculiar that this one vanished. I will have to check the rest now!

Once again, thanks Jon for tipoff.. sorry I accused +net again... it becomes a habit! Will close ticket //// question

However I would like to know for future reference how to enter FAULTS on the question system?

regards

Patrick
lingbob
Grafter

imap EMAIL IS BROKEN

Just click on "Can't find answer to your question" and then submit your problem in the box provided.

--
Martin
JonathanW
Grafter

Re: Why is it always my fault

Hi Jon,

Once again, thanks Jon for tipoff.. sorry I accused +net again... it becomes a habit! Will close ticket //// question

regards

Patrick

That's quite alright. I know what its like when something that's been working for ages just stops working without any intervention from yourself. Though its something we tend to see when software like Norton Internet Security updates itself.

Back when I was on the phones in csc, you could generally tell within about an hour of an update to Norton going out, due to the calls coming in from people no longer able to access their email or websites.