cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ignorant plusnet !

N/A

ignorant plusnet !

i posted this the other day and i still haven't got an answer....do you only answer the posts you can be arsed to?

here's my original post,and plz answer it will you

"i want to migrate to a better isp,one that works properly. plz tell me how i go about it.

if i can't then tell me how i get out of my 12 months contract and how much it will cost.

i'm sick of the ***** speeds and all the downtime,its like been on a dialup account with a 2hr cut off".
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ignorant plusnet !

> i posted this the other day and i still haven't got an answer....do you only answer the posts you can be arsed to?
>
> here's my original post,and plz answer it will you
>
> "i want to migrate to a better isp,one that works properly. plz tell me how i go about it.
>
> if i can't then tell me how i get out of my 12 months contract and how much it will cost.
>
> i'm sick of the ***** speeds and all the downtime,its like been on a dialup account with a 2hr cut off".
>

Dear Customer,

Postings are answered whenever possible although at busy times resources may be reassigned to answering support calls and tickets. Raising a ticket or calling us should be used in the first instance for any support requests.

If you wish to migrate to another ISP you would need to follow our usual cancellation procedure of raising a ticket request on your account.

Just out of interest, as you are still getting slow speeds have your tried altering your MTU settings? We are confident that there is ample spare capacity on our ADSL platform and do not expect any speed problems to be caused by this. For your convenience I've included a recent service announcement we made regarding MTU settings:

'It has been brought to our attention by BT that the ADSL RAS servers route traffic differently at busy times dependant on the MTU setting used. Several customers have reported to us that by changing a systems MTU settings an improvement has been noticed to their ADSL service.

The Internet's Transmission Control Protocol uses the MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit) to determine the maximum size of each packet in any transmission. Too large an MTU size may mean retransmissions if the packet encounters a router that can't handle that large a packet. Too small an MTU size means relatively more header overhead and more acknowledgements that have to be sent and handled. Most computer operating systems provide a default MTU value that is suitable for most users.

In regards to BT's ADSL Network it has become apparent that the optimum MTU TCP packet size when using DSL over BT in the UK should be 1458. To administer and change the MTU value on a Windows based PC is quite a difficult process and should not be attempted unless you consider yourself to be competent enough to manually edit the registry. We would like to point out that we are unable to offer support in administering the changes to your system.

There are utilities available to change MTU values such as drtcp.exe which is available from: http://www.dslreports.com/front/drtcp.html

We would like to stress that by altering your MTU value is by no means are sure fire way to resolve all types of ADSL connectivity problems. At best, altering your systems MTU value will only enhance an existing and fully functional ADSL connection. If you are not experiencing poor connection speeds or data transfer rates then we strongly suggest that you do not try and alter any of your systems MTU settings.'

Kind Regards,
Rob
--
| Robert Kelly.......................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support..................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +

N/A

But he also asked plusnet about the charges, any answer on that one,
and while your looking, can you find out why i am not allowed access via adsl but i am via dialup

acc Gor3sci
N/A

i have changed the mtu and i costantly got 57 to 60k down but since you swapped everyone with the plus.net prefix to the new box i'm lucky if i get 10k.
also can you tell me how much it will cost to go?
N/A

Hi,

I have taken a look at your account but can see no problems. Please raise this issue via our Contact Us system and we will investigate for you further. Please remember to include all the information you have regarding your problem.

Regards,

Dave

--
| David Scarpa...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

But still how much it cost for us leave, thankyou, please.