Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

if i were to leave?

ady
Grafter

if i were to leave?

how much would i have to pay? i have been with plus.net for 1+ years

and also how long would it take for a MAC code ?

thx, ady!
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

if i were to leave?

Need more info...

The former depends on whether you took deferred activation and/or hardware.

The latter depends on whether you're on LLU or IPStream - as does it affect on your ability to use it.
Community Veteran

if i were to leave?

The best way to find out is to raise a ticket and ask PlusNet.

As for time frame on Mac codes, you should have a BT MAC within about 48 hours, of clearing any contractual obligations. If your on LLU then its anyone’s guess.

Chilly
Community Veteran

if i were to leave?

Also an LLU MAC does not mean you can move to any ISP, only to those who also have LLU and are taking part in the LLU migration trial, which is about 3 companies at the moment.

To answer your original Q we need to know when you joined, if you selected the 'free' activation and 'free' modem (i.e. you were a new activation), or if you migrated in from another ISP etc.

The only people who really know are PlusNet so I suggest you raise a question and ask as well.
N/A

if i were to leave?

If you moved house while with PN you also have to pay a charge that they hang out until 5 years are up.
Also, if you can receive Be, they are accepting LLU MAC's if you have one of them, and if not, then I'd reccomend Be nonetheless.
http://www.bethere.co.uk
ceridwen
Grafter

if i were to leave?

Well you could now argue that the recent throttles on VOIP and Gaming traffic are changes to your detriment and cancel under clauses 23.1.3 and 24.

Whether this would avoid the deferred costs is uncertain - however there is precedence for these costs being waived when being forced to leave due to changes in the product which the customer did not sign up for when agreeing the deferred costs. This should however avoid buying out any remaining time for an annual contract as well as reducing the notice period from 30 days to 14 days (so saving two weeks payment to PN).

PN, however, are likely to argue that the recent changes aren't errr changes! so you may have to take this to OFCOM/ISPA before PN let you cancel under these clauses. There is documentary evidence from OFCOM, that OFCOM would not support PN's position, so you should have a very good chance of OFCOM/ISPA ruling in your favour if you did take this route.

Matthew
ady
Grafter

if i were to leave?

well i joined in may 2005, and i moved from dial up, and im on ipstream(?) not LLU

i got a modem and took the yearly contract ? or something
N/A

if i were to leave?

i got a modem and took the yearly contract ? or something

That's £20 you owe for the 'free' modem.

Did you pay for activation or did you get 'free' activation?
If you didn't pay that's another £37.30.

So you will probably need to pay around £57.30 for your MAC.
Boundey
Grafter

if i were to leave?

Im looking to leave soon too.

I didnt think i would have to pay anything to leave?!

Is it correct what planetdust is saying? Could someone confirm. Im in the same boat as the OP. I took out an annual contract with free activation and no modem. It was just a wires-only account.
Community Veteran

if i were to leave?

The 'you stay we pay' which you signed up to was only free if you stayed for 5 years. So you have to pay your activation fee less 20% for each complete year you stay, before you will be given a MAC.

It was all explained in the T&C for the 'free' offer