cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

if I was a new customer...

N/A

looking to sign up for the broadband premier account. Where on this page http://www.plus.net/support/adsl/sustainable_usage_guide.shtml does it tell me about the 15gb useage restriction or the off peak throttling.

In my opinion, a new customer will sign up without knowing about them.

Shocking action by plusnet if you ask me, you should make it planely clear on your website for new customers
30 REPLIES
N/A

Restricted traffic : Peer-2-peer, USENET and SSH traffic

Ah thats after you've used your allowance. Good point I cant find it either although I did find it once before I signed up.
N/A

I think that comes under the peak times section
Ben_Brown
Grafter

The 15GB full speed usenet level isn't on the SUP page because it is not part of the SUP.

Also, it is only a very small amount of people who use more than 15GB on usenet in a month, and we feel that by putting it on the site it may frighten potential customers, the vast majority of which don't even know what usenet is.
N/A

so what about those who do use more than 15gb. They visit your site, see your great package, sign up, only to find that its not the great package they thought it was.

I can see where your coming from with your response, but with the limited number of decent ISP's out there, someone looking at the package on the website is going to think its great. Only to find they cant download 100gb a month from usenet because the download restriction would make it impossible.
N/A

The 15GB full speed usenet level isn't on the SUP page because it is not part of the SUP.

but

The 15gb usenet usage level is part of the SUP, as the 15gb counts towards your monthly usage.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

I can see your point as well and will be raising this, but I do personally believe that how we manage our network is pretty well known publically as it has been a bit of a "Hot Topic" on various discussion boards for well over a year now. Given the number of people who use more than 15GB of usenet traffic every month compared with the number of people we are signing up each month it's not likely that many of the people signing up will be affected by the changes to usenet, and if the service is not the best for them there's always the Plusnet guarantee in the first 45 days.
N/A

Also, it is only a very small amount of people who use more than 15GB on usenet in a month, and we feel that by putting it on the site it may frighten potential customers, the vast majority of which don't even know what usenet is.

We are always told that only a small percentage use NNTP over 15gb but are never shown any proof. You are probably right but if so where are the statistics.

And yes you wont post the 15gb limit on the mainpage as you dont want to stop customers joining your service. They just sign up and then get very upset when they find out they have been deceived. If your are so confident that your service isnt classed as capped then tell it to the customers on the main page.
N/A

Speaking as a New Customer, I can say that I was lead to believe that there was one limit - 100GB.

I only heard about the 15GB throttling via an email to my PN account I use at work - the very day I was to be migrated from Bulldog. Great...

Also the Satisfaction Gurantee sucks. Before I can get my MAC, PN want an additional £15.99 stating that it is for the waived migration fee. Well, I am sorry, but what is the point of this 45 day guarantee if you are still going to charge me money and then tell me I can claim back £12.99 if I have to pay another provider as I move over? Tell you what, I'll pay you £3.00 and we'll call it quits.

We are not getting a consistant answer from PN customer services, and damn right I'd have been scared off from migrating if PN advertised more clearly the throttle on Usenet traffic. I feel REALLY MIFFED about this betrayal, and yet feel helpless.

The migration was exceptionally hassle free, and I was genuinely looking forward to life on PN. To be hit with the Usenet restriction within 3 days was simply unbelieveable - especially considering I use a thrid party Usenet provider.

Thank you PN for giving me a really bad taste in my mouth.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

We are always told that only a small percentage use NNTP over 15gb but are never shown any proof. You are probably right but if so where are the statistics.

The exact figures are commercially sensitive however I can say that it is less than 1% of customers. Having said that we will be producing some more detailed information over the next week or so and will make it available to customers.
N/A

Chocolate teapot.

Publish away: if you aren't going to listen to the minority, then what is the point?

Why not set the throttle at 100GB - we can download that amount in 5 days via usenet. Then we couldn't complain at all - seeing as how the 100GB is widely advertised and generally acceptable.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

but what is the point of this 45 day guarantee

The point is if you signed up for an annual contract and requested to leave in the first 45 days we wouldn't hold you to that contract. Also if the gaining ISP charges for migrations we will pay this charge up to a certain level.
N/A

Its like buying a car advertised in the paper with No wheels and no Engine !

Has Bagdad bob moved into the ivory towers at plusnet ?
N/A

but what is the point of this 45 day guarantee

The point is if you signed up for an annual contract and requested to leave in the first 45 days we wouldn't hold you to that contract. Also if the gaining ISP charges for migrations we will pay this charge up to a certain level.

I love the way you guys Advertise one thing then make your own rules up to totally change something, In my book 45 days guarantee means just that - if all the real buff had been up on the +net site not a chance in hell would you have my custom.

I really believe +net are tricking thousands of people into joining then the customer discover's there totally up poo creak.
LiamM
Grafter

Let's keep this on topic please. Comments such as those are not welcome or appreciated here.