cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

idle time-outs - change to T&C

N/A

Just got this through email :

- Introduction of 'idle time-outs' for Broadband Plus and ADSL Home Surf customers only. This means that we will disconnect any sessions that are inactive for a period of thirty minutes. As long as your connection is in active use, you will not be disconnected. If you are disconnected you will be able to reconnect straight away. Please note that idle-timeouts will not be implemented on Premier, Pay As You go or Business accounts.

Urmm, 'always on' connection...If I've read this correctly then I now have to wait to connect when I want to go online just like dial up (only faster). Not a good idea if you want to retain customers and I really cannot see how this saves Plus any money ??

Can someone enlighten me?

Jay
5 REPLIES
N/A

other post

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32107

Now I really should have looked first.......

Jay
suec45
Grafter

Do you not have a 'keep connection alive' setting on your modem or router?

Even so, 30 mins and then instant redial if you loose connection, is it reallly that much of a problem?
Community Veteran

Not to most people once they understand what it actually means. Also the fact that many routers have an in-built idle timeout (often enebaled by default) which many never switched off so it's been discnnecting them just like plusnet will for ages.
N/A

Do you not have a 'keep connection alive' setting on your modem or router?

Even so, 30 mins and then instant redial if you loose connection, is it reallly that much of a problem?

I need to dial in Sad

(can a mod lock or delete this topic, it seems silly having two or more for the same subject, my fault, sorry Smiley

Jay
Community Veteran

Agreed!
Too many threads on the same topic causes confusion.
Thread locked.