cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i need some help here!

N/A

i need some help here!

I cant get through to support on the phone, and my ticket raised on Friday, with additional comments on Monday and today still remains unanswered (no. 19369061).

My problem relates to moving my broadband to another location/telephone number. BT are coming to our new office to install an analogue line on Tuesday 23/5. We have been given the telephone number, and we would like to get our broadband switched over asap. The support pages say we need to give 5 days notice once the line has been acivated, does this mean I can give the 5 days notice now/tomorrow so that the broadband is switched on the day/day after the BT engineer arrives?

If anyone can answer this I'd be most grateful as im tearing my hair out trying to contact support.

I also tried to switch my account from credit card payment to monthly direct debit from the business account a week or two ago, but these changes don't seem to have taken effect....................
7 REPLIES
N/A

i need some help here!

Heh, I had difficulties switching the payment to DD for a company account too!
I raised a ticket to remind them, but ended up calling up and telling them to remove my CC details altogether. Sadly it did take a couple of months to sort - hopefully they have refined the system now though.

As regards the phone line, I think the line needs to be active for 5 days before you can request ADSL on it, otherwise it doesn't show up properly on the system, and it automatically declines the request.
N/A

i need some help here!

you need to wait until the number shows up on www.bt.com/broadband
They say it will take 5-7 working days to show up but is usually showing up after 1 day. As soon as the number shows up on there, then you can go ahead and ask PlusNet to order ADSL on it.
N/A

hmmmm

so the BT engineer needs to arrive on the 23/5 (fingers crossed), then the line needs to be active for 5 days, then we need to give a further 5 days notice to request the account is switched accross to the new telephone number?

I'm not feeling particularly confident that when the timje comes to inform plusnet of the switch that it will actually get done!?

There are a lot of disgruntled customers on this forum, which is a bit concerning. I've been qute happpy with the product to date, but this is the first time i've had to use the customer services aspect, and it doesn't inspire much confidence when you get faster and more informative responses from fellow customers than the companies own support team.........
N/A

ok

thanks,

i checked the number on the website, and it shows on their now (the engineer hasn't been yet), tells us which exchange its on etc........

were just trying to get this switched on asap, but we dont want to end up causing ourselves more problems. I'm not particularly technical, talking to someone from plusnet on the phone would help, but it doesn't appear that this is going to be likely ...............
N/A

i need some help here!

I am assuming plusnet cant order a service move to another number if they dont have the number in the first place :roll: In that case, I would wait until after the BT guy has installed the new line, and check the bt.com/broadband number checker. As soon as the number is recognised and appears on there, then you can go ahead and tell plusnet. Once they've been told, Im assuming there is a period of 5 days until BT will actually perform the transfer. You will know as soon as the existing line looses sync. As for downtime thereafter, when switching to the new line, I am unsure. Might be a few minutes, Might be a few hours, might even be a few days.
N/A

i need some help here!

Working from memory from when we had phone lines installed for our new office some years ago...

While BT will give you the phone number, I believe the number isn't actually confirmed until the engineer has physically installed and tested the line.

I think the situation is that, while you're very likely to get the number given to you, if the engineer has a problem while installing a line, he might end up needing to connect the cable to a different piece of kit in the exchange (say) which could necessitate the line having a different number.

HTH.

John.
N/A

thanks

Your spot on topsydog, i had a reply to my original ticket from plusnet support, and conversations with BT today.

Think the best course of action here is to await the arrival of the BT engineer, and then inform plusnet of the switch.

Thanks everyone that replied for your help.