cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to upload to your cgi webspace

N/A

I am new to cgi usage, can anyone give me a relatively detailed explanation of how to go about uploading php files to my cgi webspace and how i direct my standard webspace to it. i.e. my online form! i have tried using putty but it is not connecting to the network, is this the correct route? I have followed directions on plusnets help section as to uploading files yet they have not worked. ive also tried accessing "telnet cshell.plus.net 23" Through "Run" in Start, and that has not connected either, is there a reason for this?

In addition when creating my cgi account it said there was a separate password to that of the member centre, where can i find my current cgi password?

Many Thanks
5 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

Are you connected on a PlusNet connection? If not that will be the reason it isn't working. You can only upload/download via FTP or connect via Telnet/SSH to the CGI servers if you are connected on a PlusNet connection. If you are connected via another ISP you'll have problems exactly like you are having.
N/A

how do i do that then?

how do i connect to a plusnet connection then?
N/A

o wait i see, im using Kingston Communication and not Plusnet, right ok, is there anyway around this?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

If you're not using a PlusNet broadband connection or aren't able to access one remotely (e.g. VNC) then you could connect using a 56k modem and use the lo-call rate dial-up number.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

If he's not using PN Broadband or using a Connect dialup account, how would he have CGI?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)