cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how much will it cost to leave plus net ?

N/A

i've been with plus net for about 3 months now and to say i am disappointed with their customer service / support would be the understatement of the century..

i want to leave plus net and migrate elsewhere, but need to know how much this will cost me ? i didnt have any hardware from plus net and am on their £14.99 a month package..

am i tied in to a years contract ? or can i just give a months notice ?

thanks
13 REPLIES
N/A

Hi there,

Only the CSC can give you a definate answer to this one as not everyones circumstances will be the same.

A lot depends on what you signed up for, whether you migrated in or were a new activation and whether any other contractural obligations apply to your account.

Visit http://portal.plus.net/wizard/index.html raise a ticket on your account via customer services and billing and they will do the sums for you and let you know where you stan.
N/A

Im in the same boat and would like to know the answer. The speed is terrible getting slower and slower and i logged a call 3 days ago and it hasnt even been picked up yet. I cant stand trauling through their automated telephone helpdesk system, it seems to be impossible to speak to a human. I refuse to pay for an 0845 number to talk to a computer. ( i used to get through on 0114 number which is free on my landline tariff! Smiley ). Not happy. Life started with a reasonable 90KB/s download, then slowed down to 40KB/s now its at 30KB/s.
James
Grafter

Hiya,

As technically you would need to buy out your contract, as you are on an annual contract. But because I'm in a good mood, I'd be happy to drop the cancellation charges to £14.99 to cover the cost of the migration fee that we had to pay BT - which is what you would have had to pay if you had signed up on a monthly contract.
N/A

hi James, thanks for your quick reply , i wish all plus net replies were as quick.
can you confirm that i would have to pay a fee of £14.99,and that would be it ?
can you also tell me who i need to contact next, to proceed with this ?

thanks again

jeff

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of preceding post removed as per the Link:rules
N/A

Hiya,

As technically you would need to buy out your contract, as you are on an annual contract. But because I'm in a good mood, I'd be happy to drop the cancellation charges to £14.99 to cover the cost of the migration fee that we had to pay BT - which is what you would have had to pay if you had signed up on a monthly contract.

Then how do you justify the £67 you are charging me? Could you please invoice me for this amount to my home address. Regards
James
Grafter

Yours was a new activation, not a migration.

The charges from BT Wholesale are considerably different, hence the difference in costs of cancellation.
N/A

James, i was not made aware of this at all and will have difficulty paying the £67. As a result of this i will have to stay with plus.net.

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of preceding post removed as per the Link:rules
Community Veteran

The charges were clearly stated in the T&C for the 'free activation' offer. If you failed to read or understand them that is not PNs fault.

As with all offers or special promotions or freebies, you should always read the fine print / T&C. As many have said, nothing is really free, there is often a catch.
N/A

thankyou james,my £14.99 has been paid,and i have now set my migration into action..if only plus net were as quick to solve problems as they are to take payments,i wouldnt be leaving.

can you tell me if my account will automatically be cancelled on successful migration , or will i have to cancel it myself ?
i ask this because when i migrated to plus net , from tiscali, i was still being charged by tiscali..i dont want this happening again..

thanks again...

regards... jeff
N/A

It would probably be best to drop them a note saying you've moved over OK. Not only does it prod them to say "stop charging me", but it should also mean they'll refund any unused days.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there

Once the migration is complete, and notification received from BT, your account would automatically revert to a free dial up account (meaning you can continue to access email and the portal). If you wish to cancel the account outright, you would need to raise a ticket after successful migration requesting this.
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Whilst I'm sure customers appreciate this sort of service it does amaze me that no attempt is made to retain a customer these days. Customers complain about the terrible customer service and the policy seems to be Oh well let them go instead of blimey we are loseing customers lets get the customer service fixed PDQ before we lose them in droves.

Hiya,

N/A

>quote< the policy seems to be Oh well let them go >/quote<

James is lucky (he must have asked nicely). Don't spoil it for him!