cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how much will it cost to go from 512 to max

N/A

how much will the regrade fee be if we want to skip the queue, because according to the statement on adslguide, bt have lowered their regrade fees.
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Having Just read that it sounds like its now £5

on the BTw site it seems to be free, does this mean theres no Queue jumping?

I'm confused now!
N/A

Thats off course if Plusnet are providing us with a queue jumping option for MAXDSL. As I understand it there is an option to queue jump just yet and everything is still going on a first joined first upgraded basis.

Regards,
N/A

Thats off course if Plusnet are providing us with a queue jumping option for MAXDSL.

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?p=291066#291066
N/A

ukdsl,

Thanks for that. Clearly something ( as well as a lot of other things ) I have missed recently.

However that is for if your upgrading your account as apposed to requesting a regrade ( as in from 2mb to 8mb but keeping the same package ).

Regards,

[Edited 1 time in total]
Community Veteran

Which in turn would mean a higher monthly charge.

You could of course downgrade again later (for a fee), but in the post referenced there was no garauntee that the upgrade would result in faster re-grade. Only an "I believe it will"
N/A

However that is for if your upgrading your account as apposed to requesting a regrade ( as in from 2mb to 8mb but keeping the same package ).

I read it as people wanting to "jump the queue" and get (up to) 8Mbps once the new packages were launched, just like paying £14.99 (or whatever it is currently) to get a speed regrade now, such as from 1Mbps to 2Mbps on the current packages.

I really hope that we can "jump the queue" and get an on demand speed regrade with the new packages, even if PN keep the current regrade fee and make a bit of money out of it and use it as a way of trying to prevent 180,000+ customers all wanting to do so!
N/A

And failing that, a reply 2 pages later from Ian Wild to a later post where the queue-jump style regrade had been asked about

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?p=291118#291118

I'd really like to order one of those 'business as usual' regrades for when my "up to 2Mbps" becomes "up to 8Mbps" in a few days time.
N/A

ukdsl,

I have a feeling that it will prove highly challenging for Plusnet to allow for speed upgrade requests. I say this as BT are limiting all ISP's to a set number of requests every day. Bearing in mind you have new signups, migrations ( who pay for a speed increase upon migrating in ) package regrades etc I dont think there will be much ( if any ) slots left for queue jumping.

Perhaps I may have to shoot myself in the foot and change my package to PAYG in order to get the new speed quicker ( but only possibly and not guaranteed ).

Regards,
N/A

New signups (as in new activations) won't be speed regrades though will they, so you can take all that number of people out of it.

I think PN will still have space for day to day regrades if people pay for them, maybe it'll push back the freebie bulk regrades a bit, I don't know, but if you're paying to jump the queue, then what does it matter Tongue

If PN can't offer me an "on demand" regrade and another ISP can, then I really might have to think about going elsewhere, because I'm really not prepared to wait an unknown amount of time just to get a bulk regrade, especially with my exchange already showing as "green" and as having received the Max work done on it by BT.