cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how long will it take to get 2Mbps connection?

N/A

Hello, I signed up with PlusNet on tuesday and I was wondering how long I can expect wait until my band becomes broader. on the page where I can check the status of my order the little arrow has been pointing at the first stage all week. am I just being impatient?

cheers : )
5 REPLIES
N/A

Took me one week for mirgrate, plus 1 day of errors, and then I was connected. Within that same day i got an email saying that PS have sent my order to BT. I read somewhere that BT like to do ADSL upgrades at 1am (ish), and sure enough it happened at 1:15am!! When it happens your connection will be restricted to 512, just phone PN and they will remove it.

I guess I am just one of the lucky ones.

Regards
Marc Easen
N/A

Have you checked to see if your exchange will support 2Mb? BT are still rolling out the upgrades and not all exchanges prior to the upgrade can handle 2Mb (or the line quality is too poor).
N/A

Have you checked to see if your exchange will support 2Mb? BT are still rolling out the upgrades and not all exchanges prior to the upgrade can handle 2Mb (or the line quality is too poor).

Sorry I mean that my line was sync'd at 2MB, but PN have a your line restricted at their end. I dunno why, but they are happy to remove it for you if you phone up.
N/A

All UK exchanges support 2mb so checking that will achieve nothing.

Your line or dslam may not be upgraded to 2mb.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi phildacey,

Looking at your order, we're currently waiting on your direct debit details to clear. Once that's done the order should be activated within about 7-10 days.