N/A

how long to get the mac key

if i submit it in a ticket will it take long to get the key

i want to migrate but they need my mac adddress
11 REPLIES
N/A

It took PN 25 mins to send me a mac, well done, it's the fastest anythng has moving in a long time ;-)
N/A

It's a game of chance, just like a lot of things round here Wink
You may get it in 5 minutes, it may take two days or longer. Being the Friday before a Bank Holiday may add to the mix. Best to just submit a ticket and hope.
N/A

ok thanks guys

i have submitted and will see
N/A

One thing to bear in mind is that there will be (at least) 30 days notice to complete with your contract with PlusNet. This 30 days starts as soon as you submit the request for your MAC.

You can move to another ISP within the 30 day period, but you will be paying for both, so it's best to arrange for the migration to happen as close to the end of a billing cycle as possible. This means that although it may take a bit of time to get your MAC, it won't make a huge difference in the long run as the actual migration process (from order submitted by the new ISP to you actually being migrated) takes a lot less than 30 days.

Also remember that any time you have paid for after this 30 days can be refunded to you by PlusNet although you will probably have to contact them to ensure this happens.

Good luck with the migration!
shellsong
Grafter

It is also advisable to tell PlusNet when the migration takes place because BTw is often tardy and cannot be relied on to inform PN properly
N/A

I did, yet they tell me they are waiting till next week to get confirmation from BTw !
(a full week after the successful migration) !
shellsong
Grafter

Still at least you have covered your back-- others have left it to BT and regretted it!
N/A

It is also advisable to tell PlusNet when the migration takes place because BTw is often tardy and cannot be relied on to inform PN properly

Apparently I've already left :roll: Sorry, couldn't help it. Thanks for the advice, I will submit a ticket informing PlusNet of my migration date to try to ensure there are no billing/connection/other problems.
N/A

Request submitted 2006-04-28 10:25:16
Mac received 2006-04-28 11:29:16

that was really quick.
but the agent who replied chose not to answer my included question
As my billing date is the 26th of the month can you confirm what will happen to my account as the 30 period over-runs the billing date. I do not wish to have to pay for an extra month when i wont be using the service.

At least i could get answers on the forum. thanks guys.
N/A

They tend to do that a lot unfortunately, it's best to only put one issue in each ticket.
You will probably end up getting billed again on the 26th of next month as it's within 30 days. What you will then have to do is request (demand) a refund of the majority of that payment (the full amount minus the two or so days). You can request your account is downgraded to a free PAYG dial-up account (rather than being completely deleted) so you can still access your e-mail and check on tickets, etc.
N/A

cheers sietchtabr will do.