cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how long for brand new set up?

Community Veteran

As per the topic title really.

How long should it take for a brand new customer to be signed up and ready to roll? This is a new installation of broadband, i.e. not a migration.

I signed up the brother in law 7 days ago, and his tracker still shows "checking your details" stage (or something like that). Is this common?
11 REPLIES
N/A

Recently did a couple of brand new ones - I think they both took about 10 days. This was before the Mad Max days though, and I guess a lot of resource is tied up at both end (PN & BT) trying to sort it.
Good luck.
passer
Grafter

Sounds a bit lengthy - do they perchance know he's related to you? Cheesy

My last referral was up and running from scratch within 9 days, including despatch and installation of hardware. Might be worth giving them a poke......
N/A

Might be worth giving them a poke......

in the eye Wink
Community Veteran

Sounds a bit lengthy - do they perchance know he's related to you? Cheesy

LOL - I did mention that to him at the time! It may be tht he has elected to pay everything by Direct Debit, including any initial payment.

Ill raise a ticket to be sure.
N/A

Ah - that'll be the delay then I guess. I always made the first payments by card on the ones I did.
Think it takes a while for the banks and PN to get the DD processed, then it takes a few days to get the cash via DD once its set up.
Community Veteran

yeh the DD will be the delay. The last activation I did was ordered on easter sunday and BT came out that week to remove a DACS on the line. The following week the BB was activated so it took just under 2 weeks which is pretty good considering the DACS. However that was paying the initial payment by credit card...
Community Veteran

I thought that may be it. He hasn't got a credit card so the only option was by DD or by using my credit card, he elected to put it through on DD.
Community Veteran

Plusnet, please dont make me look like an idiot.

I reccomended PN to my brother in law, even after recent difficulties, and now the ticket raised enquiring what the delay may be was met with this response:

Ther are no current payment details on your account , please update your account via your member centre so we can continue the provisioning of your account.
Regards,
xxxxxxxxxx

I assume this support agent is refering to a lack of credit card details.

That would be because Direct Debit was elected for all payments, including the initial one.

Am I being told that this account has been left in a state of limbo because someone took one look at it and decided that because the credit card details were blank there was something wrong, then proceeded not to bother informing anyone?

I do hope that something has been done on this, and that the Direct Debit has at least been submitted to the bank, otherwise I will not be best pleased.

What is the point in allowing people to elect all payments by direct debit, if these requests cant be dealt with properly?
N/A

I believe its probably another of the infamous auto-responses from the book of PN encrypted customer responses, and what it actually means is that the order is on hold, until the DD has been confirmed by the bank, and the first payment has been taken.

(Now PN - don't make me look like an idiot too - I can do that on my own)
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

The reason for the delay is that the Direct Debit needs to be set up before the order is placed which usually adds on an 4-5 working days.

Can I ask did your brother in law choose to print the DD form off rather than fill it in online? If so that would tie in with what the CSC have said.
Community Veteran

Nope. It was filled in online, a week ago. I sat with him through the process, hence my email being the contact email.