cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how long for a mac key??

winnipeg1823
Grafter

how long for a mac key??

I have requested a MAC key via the website. Since doing so I have had a message left on my answer machine, and an email both, asking why I was leaving and as a valued customer is there anything they can do, yet no MAC key.

How long does it take once they have acknowledge receipt of the request. I timed the request so that my payment tomorrow covers the 30 days notice period, yet by delaying the MAC key by asking these questions will take it into another billing period. Please can I just have my MAC key.
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

how long for a mac key??

Your MAC can take up to 5 days but usually within a day and in some cases just a few hours. It does not actually matter how long it takes to issue as your 30 day notice period starts from the date it is requested, not the date it is issued.

PN are just trying to find out why you are moving in case there is anything they can do to help with whatever problem/concern you have with the service which is causing you to leave.
winnipeg1823
Grafter

how long for a mac key??

Thanks for that, just seems strange how they can find the time for phone calls and emails, yet cannot do what I have requested. When you order a MAC you have to read all the comparison between plusnet and which ever ISP you are going to before you can request it, so if I was going to change my mind I would have done then. Fingers crossed they will get round to it soon
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

how long for a mac key??

Hi,

It's fairly normal for us to contact people that put cancellation requests in, the tickets that people raise don't always tell the full story of why someone wants to leave so it's really only through talking to people that we can find out why you want to move and maybe find things that we aren't doing right or things that we can do better. Maybe when you've be looking at other ISPs you've missed something.
Mark64uk
Grafter

how long for a mac key??

When i requested a MAC i asked on Friday 7PM and got my code Sunday 3PM.

I didn't have to use it as after various tickets with Networks they actually fixed the problems with teamspeak so i had no need to move.

Mark