cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how does plusnet calculate the usage allocation?

N/A

Hi,

I just checked my usage connection and plusnet says I have used over 300MB of my monthly peak allowance for traffic bandwidth on a single day. However I am very sure that I did not use that amount on that specified peak time. I would like to know how plusnet calculate this traffic usage?

Lee
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

PNs network equipment know and count all traffic that travels down your ADSL line in both directions, including protcol overheads and retransmissions.

The VMBU has been known to be inaccurate for some recently so if you are sure you have not used 300MBs then raise a ticket/question and get it investigated.
N/A

The VMBU has been known to be inaccurate for some recently so if you are sure you have not used 300MBs then raise a ticket/question and get it investigated.

And you'll get a reply back something along the lines of
We are currently investigating an issue with VMBU, not updating correctly. Unfortunately we do not have a specific date of when this will fix. Please monitor, and we are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

You won't be told anything about whether your specific issue will be investigated or whether your ID has been added to any list for the developers to check.

I raised a ticket 3 weeks ago and was told to monitor the service status reports:

- Incorrect VMBU Data - (Ref 32779) - affects approx 15 people, am I one of them, I don't know.

- VMBU showing usage period longer than 1 month - (Ref 32865) - Nope, that's not my problem (yet!!)

- VMBU summary not showing Sunday - (Ref 32254) - Yep, I have that problem but that's not what I reported.

- Archived VMBU data on PAYG - (Ref 32732) - Nope, not my problem.

- No usage showing in VMBU - (Ref 32803) - Nope, not my problem

What's my problem, well it's possibly linked to the first item, incorrect VMBU data that apparently only affects 15 people, however most posts I've seen here say VMBU data is higher than it should be, my problem is VMBU is LOWER than it should be and we're not just talking about small differences it's lower by approx 15GB so far this billing period. If I'm 1 of the 15 then I'd like to know and I'll stop going on about it, if I'm not 1 of the 15 then PN have ignored my issue.

So having watched service status messages for 3 weeks, due to lack of feedback from PN, I don't exactly feel that the problem I reported is being investigated.