cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i configue manually

N/A

im getting broadband tomorrow...im using an iplayer set top computer so i have to enter the commands manually can anyone tell me the awnsers to these ...thanks......
a broardband username and password,
the name of a POP3 email server, email username and password,
the name of a SMTP email server (to send emails).
The ADSL modem/router should have a mini web-server:
access the ADSL modem/router's configuration web pages by entering the IP address or default name of it (as in the ADSL modem/router's manual) in to the WEB address on the iPlayer (shortcut ch 954),
on the ADSL modem/router's broadband connection configuration page; enter the broadband username and password; hit connect/save/etc.
2 REPLIES
Walrus
Grafter

N/A

I have 2 iplayers over 2 years old. The hardware are different as 1 is a Netgem and the other the BT version. Both I have upgraded the firmware so they are now iplayer+ but the BT version has more advance telephone features. Both are connected to my PN broadband connection using USB wi-fi adapters.
The ADSL modem/router should have a mini web-server:
access the ADSL modem/router's configuration web pages by entering the IP address or default name of it (as in the ADSL modem/router's manual) in to the WEB address on the iPlayer (shortcut ch 954),
on the ADSL modem/router's broadband connection configuration page; enter the broadband username and password; hit connect/save/etc.

Not sure whether I have these features so I can't answer.

For the email servers, I assume that you are referring to Plusnet then these are:
Outgoing SMTP relay.plus.net
incoming POP mail.plus.net
The username and password is dependent on how you have set up your mailboxes. But your default mailbox will be Username: bjlumley, Password: your account password.

The following link explain how to set things up but this relate to the BT version which I have. Netgem/BT iplayer