Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I collect email with mobile phone

danep
Grafter

how do I collect email with mobile phone

Hi all,

I have a T39M and am trying to set it up so I can dial in to collect email but I am getting `server not found'. I have adsl. I am using the mobile access number 0870 7063000. Have tried both normal and imap with no luck. Is there a special login format for this?

Do I have to do this via wap browsing or can it be done this way?

Regards
Dane
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: how do I collect email with mobile phone

Good Morning,

To be honest, we can't support this. Can you get the phone to connect on our number? If so then you could try using the IPs of the mail servers rather than the hostnames.

Kind Regards

Duncan
--
| Duncan Scotland          Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support    for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ------- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ---------
N/A

I managed to setup a nokia communicator OK, maybe you could try the 0845 number.
N/A

> Hi all,
>
> I have a T39M and am trying to set it up so I can dial in to collect email but I am getting `server not found'. I have adsl. I am using the mobile access number 0870 7063000. Have tried both normal and imap with no luck. Is there a special login format for this?
>
> Do I have to do this via wap browsing or can it be done this way?
>
> Regards
> Dane

I had that problem to begin with. To get round it you have to put in the ip addresses rather than the names of the pop3 servers. I have used the 0845 and the 0870 number to both send and recieve mail. You may or may not need to use the ip address as the outgoing mail server.

HTH
--
teabelly
N/A

> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have a T39M and am trying to set it up so I can dial in to collect email but I am getting `server not found'. I have adsl. I am using the mobile access number 0870 7063000. Have tried both normal and imap with no luck. Is there a special login format for this?
> >
> > Do I have to do this via wap browsing or can it be done this way?
> >
> > Regards
> > Dane
>
>
> I had that problem to begin with. To get round it you have to put in the ip addresses rather than the names of the pop3 servers. I have used the 0845 and the 0870 number to both send and recieve mail. You may or may not need to use the ip address as the outgoing mail server.
>
> HTH
>
> --
> teabelly

Doh, Duncan has already said that what I have just said!

For me receiving mail works fine but sending doesn't ( I thought it had done). If I use the ip address of relay.plus.net then I get a 'can't connect to server' error message even when dialed up via plus on the 0870 number. If I use the relay.plus.net as a name then the phone appears to send the mail but it never arrives. I think I only managed it successfully with another isp's connection.

It would be really useful if email did work from phones and I am sure plus would get plenty of extra call revenue :-)

--
teabelly