cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i change my username

N/A

is there anyway that i can change my username as i now use my email for buisiness and the username that i selected years ago is now not very professional at all when contacting customers :?:
5 REPLIES
N/A

Hello there sexy1,

In answer to your question with regards to username, the answer is No! unfortunately its NOT possible to easily change the username as far as my understanding goes because the username becomes an integral part of your account ID when you sign up to F9 PlusNet. This is because the account creation process is automated, so the username given becomes a part of your account & is then fixed.

**Account Passwords can be changed by F9 PN and this can be done via technical support (phone or contact us ticket) I believe this can take upto 24/48 hrs to be updated by their various systems.

**The only way around the account name problem might be (with the help of F9 support, tell them what you want to do and why?) to open a new account with the new username you want & see if its possible for support to transfer all your old details that you want to keep over to the new account. Then have support close or remove the old account? This might well be possible its definately worth exploring (as an Ex- Systems Administrator thats how I would do it for you!).

**The above might take a few days to complete but would acheive what you want.

Ivan
Community Veteran

What you can do is register a dial-up pay as you go account, using your desired username. Providing you collect your e-mail regularly then the account will be kept active.

Or better still you could register a domain, and use that for professional mail. I personally use www.123-reg.co.uk a “co.uk” domain is £6.09 for two years, and that includes e-mail forwarding.

Chilly
N/A

You could also try UKReg. They charge 5.90 for 2 years.

www.ukreg.com

Ask F9 to "transfer in" the hosting of that domain name into your account (iirc: it's free for home customers (only 1 domain), business customers can host upto 5 free [I think]). The DNS control and billing remains with UKReg (so it's cheaper) but your e-mail and website are hosted by F9 - so no need for mail forwarding or web forwarding.

To transfer in an external domain - you'd need to configure your domain within UKReg to point to F9's DNS servers first (Detailed on the "Any .uk domain" section - see below).

After that's done click on "Contact us" and follow Technical Support -> Domain Names -> Transfer an existing domain -> Any .uk domain -> Manual Transfer (DNS Only Hosting).

F9 allow you to host domains when you sign up for £1 per month. £24 for two years. hmmm, £24 or £6 - you decide. (it might be cheaper from F9 nowadays, I dunno).

If you chose to do it that way, I would suggest also reading this post which details how you can keep your www.acme.co.uk separate from your www.sexy1.force9.co.uk (personal and business website hosted in the same way).
N/A

thanks for the imput i will get on to it right away Tongue
N/A

You could change your job to one where your current email id would be an advantage.

Now what would that job be ?