cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hosting

Community Veteran

hosting

Hi,

Didnt know if this was the appropriate area or not, but does anyone have any suggestions on hosting?

Looking for somewhere that can do about 40GB per month, and with about 2GB webspace - must have SQL database functionality and be able to support LOTS of simultaneous connections to that database.

Anyone any experience?
9 REPLIES
N/A

hosting

Have a look at Fuzioned.

Very reasonable prices.
Community Veteran

hosting

Given the usage levels, the site would require at least the bronze reseller package just to itself.

Would be interesting to see the specifics on how many connections can be made to the mysql database at once. Currently our host/reseller has set the level at 500 for us (probably down to poor implementation of php on our board), so we would need that level at least for the time being until I managed to migrate the site to another platform.
Liam
Grafter

hosting

Have you considered a Dedicated Server solution? You would be in full control that way - and pricing is relatively competetive these days - especially if you're happy to host offshore.
Community Veteran

hosting

Dedicated server would be fine, its just finding one that offers the right level of control and at a decent price.

Our site is free, so there are no "funds" to speak of when it comes to paying for the server, it comes out of the pockets of mods/admins.

Any suggestions?
tssk
Grafter

hosting

Community Veteran

hosting

Ive certainly added them to the list - though some of their packages look just too good to be true in terms of pricing.

It will all depend on how large the sql databases can be and how many simultaneous connections they will support.
tssk
Grafter

hosting

Well, I've been using them since August last year, had no downtime as far as I know, I stick whatever files I want up there, they've had no qualms - and their customer support is brill, their servers appear to be very fast as well, so that's a recommendation from the horses mouth Wink
N/A

hosting

Given the usage levels, the site would require at least the bronze reseller package just to itself.

The gold or platinum packages are £70 and £90 respectively...

Would be interesting to see the specifics on how many connections can be made to the mysql database at once.

Both of those packages come with MySQL 4 Databases as many as needed. Have a word with Colin (Fuzioned Hosting, 3 Acer Grove, Chapelhall, ML6 8HQ :: tel: 0141 416 1337) about the number of connections which can be made at any one time. He's very accommodating.
Community Veteran

hosting

Have you considered sponsorship?

I see that you have 20 link to suppliers on your site a few pound from each, could be used to cover your web hosting costs.

For example £5 per year from each would cover Fuzioned Platinum shared.

Or £30 per year would get you Fuzioned Platinum Reseller, that's only £2.50 per month. A small price for such targeted advertisement.

Chilly