cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

home networking saga

N/A

home networking saga

Having gone through the processes of trying to set up home network on 2 windows XP computers via a cable, when I look at the network connections within the computer I am trying to add to the network it tells me the local area connection is unplugged (there is only that one icon- a red cross through it). The cable is plugged in both computers, network adapter cards are installed, done network wizard on main computer etc, when I do network wizard on second computer it tells me LAC is unplugged and there is a box to tick to ignore unplugged connections- should I do thisHuh I am going to give up soon.
2 REPLIES
N/A

home networking saga

Very much indicates you're using the wrong sort of cable -- see my detailed reply to your earlier post in the Home networking topic.

You need a crossover cable if you're connecting directly between the PCs (ie not going via a network hub or network switch).
N/A

home networking saga

Don't give up yet. Experience shows that there are plenty of people here willing and able to help.

Probably best though if you keep to one thread rather than two otherwise it gets confusing.