cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

heres my Opinion.. and Feedback,,,

N/A

in the last week or 2...ive actualy started to take i more active interest in my ISP and how its run..never really botherd b4,, was allways happy with my service...but since checking up through various forums and looking more deeply into how things are going,..i was left in disbelief!... all i see when i look around now is plusnet screwing the customer over at every opertunity.. it annoyed me so much that i requested my MAC yesterday..... all i see is thread after thread of people who feel thay have been ripped off, badly treated , lied to, and generaly taken for a ride,,, while plusnet just sit back and spout the same excuses time after time,,,, and point to there mess that they call there T&C`s, where there own customer services dont seem to have a clue whats right and whats wrong,,, so how the hell are we?
thread after thread after thread of the same problems.. over and over again..... and plusnet almost just looking the other way while whistling and pretending they havent noticed and its nothing to do with them,,,, its almost childish......
The worst part was i didnt even have any problems... i was pretty much HAPPY! until very recently.....
for gods sake plusnet... EVERYONE can see all the cockups... yet nothing seems to be done.... time after time they keep happening....... it astounds me that such a great ISP with what was truly brillint Customer services could sink to such levels of incompetence in such a short space of time...
On a very well knows ADSL forum, all u have to do is go into a number of other ISP forums and ppl are actualy laughing at plusnet at the state they have got themselves into :0(
For the reputation u once had.... sort your selves out and get back on track
11 REPLIES
N/A

I understand where you're coming from, but you have to remember most of PlusNets customers are tottally unaffected (I believe 99% is consistently quoted by members of the Comms Team) by the recent SUP and traffic-shaping. Having said that, it does not make it acceptable for the other 1% of customers to be treated in the ways described in this forum as well as others. However from PlusNets business perspective, i'm sure they would actually prefer to lose their "heavy" customers as apparently the people who are using their connection "unsustainably" are actually digging into PlusNets profits.

If people are unhappy they are more than welcome to leave and migrate to another ISP who perhaps is catered towards people with similar usage patterns, however, as I understand it many people are unhappy with the fact that they have to pay the odd £50 for their activation and yes, this isn't really specified in PlusNets 45 day guarantee. Again, having said that, most other ISP's would charge customers to leave and expect them to pay any outstanding fees on top.
N/A

not if they had a huge advert emblazed across the main webpage stating "45 day no worry no loss garentee" or words to that effect they wouldent..... thatss just blatant ripping ppl off and in a very decietful way
As for it only effecting 99% of people.. im sorry but i dont agree traffic shaping due to its nature effects EVERYONE.. reguardless of how much u download..
Also the ways that P2P and USENET ppl have been effecting....... its irrelavant how much they download.......even if they only download 5 gig a month,,,,, there still effectued by throttling and reduced speeds....
N/A

not if they had a huge advert emblazed across the main webpage stating "45 day no worry no loss garentee" or words to that effect they wouldent..... thatss just blatant ripping ppl off and in a very decietful way
As for it only effecting 99% of people.. im sorry but i dont agree traffic shaping due to its nature effects EVERYONE.. reguardless of how much u download..
Also the ways that P2P and USENET ppl have been effecting....... its irrelavant how much they download.......even if they only download 5 gig a month,,,,, there still effectued by throttling and reduced speeds....

Yes, you raise some valid points. I would have suggested that they introduce traffic shaping AFTER customers reach a certain bandwidth limit, however, as I believe was mentioned, PlusNet are charged on capacity as opposed to actual bandwidth usage. This means they cannot have everyone maxing out their connection at the same time, even if only for a few hours (and thus relatively low bandwidth usage) as they would then need to introduce new pipes to handle the load, which is what they're trying to avoid.

With regards to the 45 day guarantee, yes, I do believe this is totally misleading.
N/A

Unfortunately the changes within Plus Net go much deeper than the SUP.

The management of bandwidth is one thing and in my opinion very necessary and welcome.

It is the apparent attitude and loss of customer care and focus dsiplayed by Plus Net recently which is worthy of comment.

If only it where simply the SUP. Then I would not be bothered.
N/A

Certainly fits with my experience of PlusNet - the best lack-of-service provider that Britain has every seen. I'm really looking forward to telling my friends how totally unusable this ISP is.
N/A

ive personally always struggled with PN since moving from zen 6 months back (zen wanted £50 for 2meg, PN £30) i find the ticket system very frustrating along with phone support... the basic answer to any question is run these speed tests, then do BT ones.. then we will pass it on to BT who when they dont find a problem will charge you for the privilidge.

i understand PN essentially resell broadband, but i wholeheartedly feel they pass the book time and time again.
N/A

Hi,

then we will pass it on to BT who when they dont find a problem will charge you for the privilidge

Sorry if this comes across as pedantic but I feel I need to clarify this to prevent confusion for others.

BT will only levy a charge if, following the normal PN fault finding process, the problem is found to be with the end users equipment. This is to prevent customers claiming they have carried out the tests when in fact they have not.

They will not levy a charge if they cant find a fault.
Metalguru
Grafter

I think communications / and customer confiedence it's a really big problem for them. And trying to turn +net around, is similar to steering one of those those huge ships.

For all the grief I give them, I would not like to see them hit that iceberge and go down. But I do believe money is getting tight for them. (There is evidence to support this).

They use to be great once, and hopefully could be again.

But in the meantime ........... I'm trying to get to the lifeboat ................ And they are even trying to stop me doing that (Maybe it's woman and children first ?)
N/A

But I do believe money is getting tight for them. (There is evidence to support this).

Interesting thought. I honestly believe this not to be the case though. Yes the share price got a few points knocked off it this week, but overall the price is well up on this time last year.

As for the ship analogy. All large ships need tugs to maneouvre in tight corners. There are customers and the PUG who are willing to provide the tug services. The skipper just needs to accept those services. Heck they wont even be charged pilotage. Smiley
N/A

I joined Plusnet as i was paying 15.99 for a 512k connection.
Plusnet offered a 2meg connection for 14.99. It seemed a very good offer..to good to be true you might say..and as we all know ( or should do ), if something looks to good to be true...then it always is.
I haven't got a 2meg connection..I've got a 1meg connection. Plusnet were no help whatsoever in trying to rectify this..a BT problem they said.
Anyways, my download speeds were shocking. I presumed it was due to the restrictions on the "Plus" account, so I changed to a "Premier" at 21.99.
It made no difference, downloads still very low, much lower in fact than the 512k connection I had.
I know some people are leaving Plusnet who have been loyal cutomers for a few years and also some new customers like me are not very happy with customer support are also leaving.
However, if I was a customer who used the net for surfing and e-mail - and lets face it, a great deal of customers are in this category - then a 14.99 a month for a 2meg connection is a super deal. I am sure that Plusnet's customer base has expanded enormously since they introduced this tariff. Consequently these new customers are having an effect on available bandwidth and taking up customer support time. In my opinion quite a lot of these new customers will not be "technically minded" and have gone for the "cheap deal" just as I did. Plusnet want to keep them sweet so that they stick around for a few years, upgrade their accounts, and add cash to the company whilst not causing any hassles by hogging bandwidth.
This influx of new customers will, however, have a knock on effect to existing customers. This is where the problems begin and this is why the company has introduced traffic shaping and SUP. I think it is a simple case of taking on too much too quickly.
I do hope Plusnet can sort it out. The posts in these forums suggest that they were a very good ISP. I will stick around a while longer in the hope that they remember why that was and take steps to get back to where they were. I just hope that they haven't bitten off more than they can chew.
N/A

results pretty much as i expected... :/