cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

have i done the right thing ?

N/A

Hi
new to the internet and am writing this on dial up waiting for my plusnet broadband to activate (my brother refered me) thought i would take a look at the site gosh lots of very unhappy people on here hope i have done the right thing. Was tempted with sky s offer but my brother has never had any complaints hope i can say the same :lol:
13 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Just make sure you opted out of LLU during the signup process
monty
Grafter

To be honest I would go with someone else, like one of the free offers, you know you will never be disappointed when they dont answer the phone or you create a ticket and they still dont answer it after 51hrs and counting. They also might surprise you and listen when you opt out of certain service changes, but if they dont well its free !

Unfortunatley plusnet have stopped answering the phone and responding to tickets, they also dont take any notice of customers when they opt out, and all of the above makes me really sad due to the fact that I have been with plusnet for around 5years and things just seem to be getting worse. Sad
N/A

Re: have i done the right thing ?

Hi
new to the internet and am writing this on dial up waiting for my plusnet broadband to activate (my brother refered me) thought i would take a look at the site gosh lots of very unhappy people on here hope i have done the right thing. Was tempted with sky s offer but my brother has never had any complaints hope i can say the same :lol:

Hi and welcome to the forums.

I am confident that you will enjoy your time here. As mentioned above you may ( if you live in a Tiscalli LLU'ed area ) wish to opt out of this until there are confirmations everything has been resolved and the transfer and general function of the line runs smoothly.
As for the many unhappy souls you see on the forums, the saying goes the unhappy voice shouts the loudest. There are so many happy customers who havent got problems and who dont need to opst on the forums. So really what your seeing is a biased POV only seen from the view of the complainant. If were to get all happy customers to post also, I would imagine a complaint would sink in the posotivity lol ( although perhaps I could be wrong ).

In short i'd say dont knock it till you've tried it.

To be honest I would go with someone else, like one of the free offers, you know you will never be disappointed when they dont answer the phone or you create a ticket and they still dont answer it after 51hrs and counting. They also might surprise you and listen when you opt out of certain service changes, but if they dont well its free !

Actually I would like to disagree with that. I have heard reports of signups to these "Free" connections are a nightmare. you get left in limbo as they havent got enough staff to make a timely switch over or activation, you get given numbers to call for support ( Their Local pizza Hut ( No Joke !! )) and then after having messed you around they deny having done anything. The biggest of these I think I could safely say is TT (Talk Talk).

Anyhow, solidsilverlady, welcome once again to these forums and indeed to plusnet. If you have any problems what so ever then dont hesitate to come to the forums for help and we will see what we can do. Your welcome to the visitt anyway and have a good chat in the "General Chit Chat" forum.

Regards,
monty
Grafter

Its good to see a mod 'tomspcs' agreeing with me

I have heard reports of signups to these "Free" connections are a nightmare

like I said

you will never be disappointed when they dont answer the phone or you create a ticket and they still dont answer
N/A

post subject

hi there and welcome, as tom says you only ever hear the bad
its a bit like tabloid so called newspapers,a friend of mine
against my warnings left aol and took up with talk talk.
two months later he still has no internet connection.
N/A

Ahh lol,

Well thats tired eyes on a late Sunday Morning for you. Skim reading whilst trying to wake up doesnt always work but hey we can give it a shot.

You did still make it sound as if it were a better way to go despite all the problems it brings. And dont forget its not free, you pay for the phone line and call charges etc for ( what was it? ) 18 months ??

Regards,
monty
Grafter

Sorry solidsilverlady for hogging your post.

If you know someone who has had a good experience then go with your gut instinct... hope you enjoy your stay.
kwhawell
Grafter

Hi guys, havin't had a great deal of trouble on here, having upgraded from a plus account to a premier one, it does allow me to do more with my connection like have up to 4 pcs connected to it.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Isn't that just possible with a router regardless of the account type? I guess what the advertising is referring to is the usage allowance is more suitable for a number of people, since that of Plus would easily been eaten away with a number of users.

Back to the OP's question though despite me whinging in previous posts, I've not had any problems with PlusNet. Connection has been fine the whole time in nearly 4 years, I only remember it ever going down once for a couple of hours one night. Annoying at the time as I was trying to do something, but still a pretty good track record so I can live with that Cheesy

Personally my two main gripes is I still don't think the usage allowances are enough (though they seem to be going in the right direction recently) there are far more generous allowances available elsewhere for what you pay to PlusNet, (even though I am not a heavy user) and their handling of LLU which I won't go into again as I think I've made plenty of posts on that already!

I've not had to use support that much, they could be quicker but I haven't found it too bad. I've been lucky enough to have never needed to fall back on them because of a connection fault I suppose.

If the allowances are sufficient, then I don't think you've got much to worry about. I would recommend opting out of LLU though as suggested previously. The connection I have here at the moment is perfectly fine and don't want it put at risk given all of the LLU related problems I've read on here.
Community Veteran

there are far more generous allowances available elsewhere for what you pay to PlusNet

I dunno ... I'm on BB+, pay £14.99 a month for 4GB peak/50GB off-peak and get better than 4MB/sec speeds most of the time. It'd be hard to better that in the market like-for-like.
superloon
Grafter

I must say iv only been on plusnet a few months and had no probs wot so ever keep up the good work chaps
N/A

Thanks for the replys im gonna give it a go fingers crossed Tongue
N/A

I've been with Plusnet over 4 years,and never had any real complaints ..until this month when I was put on LLU (without warning) and went a week without a proper connection (all seems OK now,touch wood).

For anyone new to Plusnet this has probably been the worst time in its history,at least as far as the number of complaints on the forums is concerned.

If they can weather this storm and sort out the currently woeful customer service problems, they should go back to being one of the better ISPs out there.