cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

happy with plusnet

winnipeg1823
Grafter

happy with plusnet

I have to say that I have been with plusnet now for about 5 months and have not had one problem (touch wood) with my connection, speed, downloads or email.

I have previously been with talktalk and freeserve.

We use the internet most days for various things and from speaking to others at work I guess I am what can be described as an average user.
I feel that anyone wanting the same usage as myself would be put off from joining if they read this board.
I am all for complaining when things dont go right, but by the same token when things go well they should be praised.
51 REPLIES
N/A

happy with plusnet

Its not surfing or emailing thats been causing the problem, its been the traffic managements effect on things such as gaming, P2P etc and as such if you looked at the threads thats what they've been about.

For surfing and email we certainly have had few problems.
winnipeg1823
Grafter

happy with plusnet

the ones I have seen relate to dropped connections, poor customer support and unable to receive emails.
Alecto
Grafter

happy with plusnet

Well said @winnipeg
There are plenty of satisfied customers here - myself included - who think that we get good value for money.
Sadly, it's usually the unhappy ones who make the most noise. And of course, whether they are justified in being unhappy is another matter. Some may well be, but in the days when I bothered to read complaining posts, I saw an awful lot who were being downright unreasonable about what they expected Plusnet to provide.

:roll: :roll:
N/A

happy with plusnet

You mean, we whinge at Plusnet for failing to provide us with enough bandwidth to beable to get more than 10kB/s out of any p2p apps or a service that doesnt almost fallover when someone breathes on it too hardHuh godforbit what a bad customer I am!!!

I have a right to expect a decent level of service and for what I use the internet for Im simply not getting it with +Net so am I not allowed to voice my dissatisfaction?
Alecto
Grafter

happy with plusnet

Were you one of those who expects over 100GB a month for £21.99?
And then complains because Plusnet try and protect their network, and us lesser users, from the impact of this?
This is the sort of unreasonable behaviour I was referring to.
:roll:
N/A

happy with plusnet

No, i dont expect over 100Gb per month although last month i used 120Gb, that said I DO expect plusnet to be able to provide a service that im able to use at a higher speed than 10kB/s regardless of what I choose to do on the internet.
Behaviour? who are you to question anyones behaviour!! I have a right to voice my dissatisfaction here.
N/A

happy with plusnet

I am well happy with +net. I paid upfront but with my own modem/router, and if I felt otherwise I would leave. The price is right, as is the reliability and the speed. No ISP is perfect. I could pay more for less and indeed the same for less. Difficult to see where I could pay the same for more. My requirements are modest. I am on PAYG so I pay my way.
N/A

happy with plusnet

Chemicalsister, why do you say that you don't expect 100Gb p/m and then say that you used 120Gb? It make no sense. "Plusnet for failing to provide enough bandwidth"? Are you being serious? How much do you want?

Who is he to question anyone's behaviour? Everyone has the right to question anyone else's behaviour, especially when that's exactly what you were commenting on. You don't seem to have comprehended gpattison's point of view.
N/A

happy with plusnet

Last month was an exception. Im referring to the fact that p2p never runs at more than 10-15kB/s regardless of whatever time of day UNLESS i encrypt to get past the draconian measures that PN put in place. OK I used alot of bandwidth last month...but that was one exception, on a normal month i dont use any more than 10-15Gb, even then nothing runs higher than 10-15kB/s
Community Veteran

happy with plusnet

Can we please get this threadb ack on topic please guys? If I recall all this thread is about is someone who is happy with the service, not yet another one about p2p speeds.
Community Veteran

happy with plusnet

I have been very happy with plusnet since joining, pretty much got line speeds during http and ftp dowloads and close to it on P2P, the tickets I have submitted have always been returned quickly and i have found the Support section usefull and generally the company a lot more transparent than my previous ISP (FS/Wanadoo for 4yrs)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

happy with plusnet

I am also generally happy with PlusNet but find it somewhat aggravating that when there are problems such as terrible pings and e-mail timing out I only get parroted responses to a ticket but much better and proactive responses on these forums.
There seems to be an inbuilt reluctance for the first line agents to check if there are a number of similar reports instead of treating each as a one off.
To be fair I suspect this is a system problem not down to an individual.
N/A

happy with plusnet

I'm very happy with the service. I've used them for both dial-up (yonks ago, but they had the best services, miles better than anyone else in my view) and DSL.
What I like is the fact that they provide so much information on everything - very transparent, and the service has generally been very reliable. There are problems every once in a while, but these incidents are few and far between. I keep recommending them, so several people in my street use PN and family too, and I get positive feedback from them too.

You just have to compare the level of customer support in the forums and the level of debate. It really is impressive. I do not see this anywhere else. Most companies either focus on price leadership or a premium service. To me, Plusnet has achieved both. Fingers crossed it continues (and no I don't work for Plusnet!).
suec45
Grafter

happy with plusnet

I am happy with the limits as they are now, anyone who wants to use a lot more than 20-30 gb only has to scedule downloads for off peak and they are not a problem on the network for everyone else.

If I need to download a lot I simply start it when i got to sleep at 12pm and switch it off when I wake, simple. If thats too much too ask then you should pay for a higher usage ISP as you are not sustainable.

P2P,ftp,newsgroups are only a problem if you download at peak times, as its the peak time use which establishes the amount of bandwidth Plusnet needs to run without maxing out.

The perfect answer is to ask people to download large files at less busy times, which is what PN have done. Perfect for everyone who is a reasonable user. Only daft people would expect to recieve a totally unlimited connection running at 2mb for £21.99 a month, its simply not possible to provide. MAybe when speeds where mostly 512k then ok, but not any more with 4mb and 8mb speeds around the corner.

As long as Plusnet dont move the goalposts again, and make the limits even smaller, then I will stay happy. Smiley