cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

happy many of you are happy with the speed pn provide

N/A

after reading all the posts to do with bandwidth throttling there seem to be a lot of people who wish to change there isp so it would be instresting show of numbers to have a vote on it and see and many are happy or unhappy and how many users will move isp's.
4 REPLIES
N/A

Well downloading Zone Alarm and AVG was going at 200k-ish, dunno if thats the going rate for 2meg HTTP dls. Will no doubt give Edonkey a blast at some point tho... see if the real meat can be handled.
N/A

I personally have no problem with the bandwidth being throttled.
I notice it occasionally on a few bittorrents but the connection is always on, as is the computer so its no big deal.

It only becomes an issue if the torrent download spills in to peak usage and takes up the limits there. And if that starts to happen, I'll use a different bittorrent client that lets me schedule download times.

So what if my 30Mb iTunes update download takes more than 30 seconds, is it really that much of a problem? Did I miss the memo that said the world is going to end and I should get everything now or i'll miss out?

If your downloads are taking a while, go outside, take a walk, unhook yourself from the PC for a while and visit the real world and perhaps you will notice that in the real world, we don't get everything when we want it or how we want it.

All these high-bandwidth users are leaving PlusNet, and to be honest I'm glad, it frees up more space on the pipes for those who stay behind.

Just my €0.02,
Andrew D Wiles
--
ps: this post isn't aimed at anyone in particular its just my thoughts on the matter
N/A

Well downloading Zone Alarm and AVG was going at 200k-ish, dunno if thats the going rate for 2meg HTTP dls. Will no doubt give Edonkey a blast at some point tho... see if the real meat can be handled.

200k is good for 2meg, the theoratical maxiumum is 256k/s but that'll never be reached due to various overheads in communication.
N/A

well darkskye if you pay for a 1MB line and it runs at 10% of the speed think you would have a right to moan. Patience is fine, but when im paying to wait it becomes another issue.

So long Plus.net