cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting a mac code

N/A

getting a mac code

as im unhappy with the change to the'Unlimited' service that plusnet supplies i have decided to migrate, but how do you get ur MAC code and will they charge me for leaving by migration because of service changes that they dont let the customers know about

cheers

cofi
10 REPLIES
N/A

getting a mac code

Give them a call and raise a ticket. You must have a valid reason before they give you the MAC.

If you have deffered activation, they will charge you before giving you the MAC code.
Community Veteran

getting a mac code

Raise a ticket (you can't get one by phone) - hekp & support at the top -> then contact us -> new query. The follow the account changes link.

If you have any deferred activation / hardware or migrate in within the last 12 months, you will have something to pay before you can leave.
N/A

getting a mac code

Hi,

How long does it take to receive a MAC code and how long does it take to actually stop the broadband connection.

My DD is due on the 22nd if I cancel after that date will I lose my whole months payment or will i receive a reimbursment of the rest of the month not used after I have been switched off.

Thanks in advance for your answers.
Community Veteran

getting a mac code

It can take PN upto 5 days to issue a mac but it is normally done withing a day or so. You still have to pay any remaining deferred costs before you get your mac.

There is still a 30 day notice period where, under the T&C, you still have to pay any normal monthly payment if it falls due within the 30 days. Also your 30 day notice period starts from when you request your MAC, not when you receive it.

Once you have your MAC, you give it to your new ISP and the migration normally takes up to 7 days.

If you do make a monthly payment within the 30 days, you can request a refund for the days you have paid for after the 30 day notice period.
N/A

MAC key

Sorry for joining in.
I too am not happy with all the negative feedback in the forums and wish to cancel. I have had an ticket reply stating I have to pay £14.99 before they will give me my MAC. The website states if you are a new customer and wish to cancel within 45 days Plusnet will pay for you to go. Why am I being asked for £14.99. I only became live on 09/01/2006 thats less than 1 week, surely they should know this?
JonathanW
Grafter

getting a mac code

The PlusNet Guarantee does state that you have to pay any deferred fees, this includes the £14.99 fee that you would have been charged upon migrating into ourselves.
N/A

getting a mac code

It can take PN upto 5 days to issue a mac but it is normally done withing a day or so. You still have to pay any remaining deferred costs before you get your mac.

There is still a 30 day notice period where, under the T&C, you still have to pay any normal monthly payment if it falls due within the 30 days. Also your 30 day notice period starts from when you request your MAC, not when you receive it.

Once you have your MAC, you give it to your new ISP and the migration normally takes up to 7 days.

If you do make a monthly payment within the 30 days, you can request a refund for the days you have paid for after the 30 day notice period.

Thanks Peter.

A couple of other questions.

If I join another ISP, do they just disconnect your connection and connect theirs straight away or is their a few hours/days between?

and does the 30 day notice period mean that my service with you will still work for 30 days and only then can I change my ISP or can my new ISP connect during the 30 days.

Thanks Again
JonathanW
Grafter

getting a mac code

The switchover genereally happens with only a few minutes downtime, though it can very occasionally take a couple of hours.

You can move to the new ISP at any time during the notice period, but your account will remain open for the full period.
N/A

getting a mac code

Thank you Jon for your quick reply :O)
N/A

migration fee

Jon

Does this mean that in order for me to leave, within 1 week of joining, due to disatisfaction, and the fact that £22.99 has been removed for a months service at 2mb which I am not getting,nor liable to get by the sounds of some of these threads, I also now have to pay £14.99.
I think it is a liberty to ask someone to pay for a service they don't have, ie a 2mb line, and then charge them more money to leave it.
Be interested to hear if anyone else has had this problem.