cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ftp and webspace

canford
Grafter

ftp and webspace

I have spent the past couple of hours using three different programs attempting to upload to my webspace. During that time I have checked 'status' and saw nothing untoward. Status is still green BUT there is an acknowledged ftp problem! The acknowledgement appears to have been entered as a change in e-mail status! whoops......

For the past 20 minutes my various domains (hosted by PlusNet) have all be reporting 'Error403 - Forbidden' when I try to access them. If it's not a problem with e-mail it's ftp... or something else. Groan.
12 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

ftp and webspace

Thanks, I'm sure I updated webspace and FTP, I've corrected it now. There is a problem with FTP on some accounts at the moment which is being worked on by the network guys right now.
canford
Grafter

ftp and webspace

ftp still unavailable more than 12 hours later. Web sites hosted at PlusNet inaccessible.
JonathanW
Grafter

ftp and webspace

Our engineers are still working on the problems that some customers are experiencing when uploading to the homepages platform, and I'm about to post an updated service status regarding the issue.
canford
Grafter

ftp and webspace

Update at 2000. I now understand why PlusNet are not prepared to provide an SLA even for those aspects of their business which are under PlusNet's direct control.
canford
Grafter

Annoucement 2033

While it does appear that I can now ftp to my webspace, I am still getting an 'HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden' when I try to access the site.
N/A

ftp and webspace

I have just tried mine again, and failed miserably, even after this update

https://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2

I desperatley need to get my files back up on the server before long, got a media thing coming up to promote the service, is there ANY OTHER way of getting the site back up, the updates i wanted to do can wait, but i need to get the basic site back up there
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Re: Annoucement 2033

While it does appear that I can now ftp to my webspace, I am still getting an 'HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden' when I try to access the site.

The site loaded OK for me, can you try it again and see if it still gives the same error?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

ftp and webspace

I have just tried mine again, and failed miserably, even after this update

Hi,

Can you try the upload again, I just uploaded a test.txt file to your space fine so it should be OK now.
canford
Grafter

HTTP 403 Error

Thank you, it loads fine for me now. Jonathan, member of your support staff, who had taken a good deal of criticism from me about your service, was kind enough to phone back and tell me that the permissions were incorrectly set.

Having only just got back ftp I had not checked and, to be honest, I am not sure how long it would have taken me to think of doing so. I had 20+ failed uploads last night and these permissions, I guess, got changed during this time.

At the same time as thanking Jonathan I must express my concern that PlusNet are having so many technical problems these days.
N/A

ftp and webspace

dave,

checked and working fine, dont know what you did, but great thanks, means a lot to us..
Community Veteran

ftp and webspace

Working fine now for me too.
Just managed to upload a new page for my site Smiley
N/A

ftp and webspace

HI All

Pleased that _your_ FTP is now working...
Last uploaded to my webspace a couple of days ago - all fine.

This morning - 'unable to connect to server' - whoopidoo !

Perhaps if Plusnet are unable to keep the whole 'nest' of servers running 24/7 (whadya mean 'perhaps !!) - perhaps we should set up a rota...

Something like usernames starting a - f have email & ftp access from 0800 - 1000 every day, g - j from 1001 - 1200..... what do you think ??

Or maybe Plusnet could get professional and provide the sort of service we're all paying for ?>?

Strange that the one part of Plusnet's empire that never seems to fail it the monthly billing - maybe the 'server' department could 'borrow' the person that keeps the billing computers running - things might get a bit more reliable!

Adrian
Suffolk UK
very, very, p*ssed off again !