cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ftp access

N/A

ftp access

All day I have not been able to use FTP and my speed has gone from around 4Mb to 130Kb

I have recently downgraded prior to moving away from plusnet, but I need ftp in the meantime, and a half decent connection still wouldn't go amiss - it feels like someone has flicked a switch because I complained about an erroneous £82 bill placed on my account.

I have made sure I have the box ticked that supposedly stops your account becoming limited, to no avail. Taken off surf, taken off firewall, disconnected and reconnected no end of times and used 2 different routers.

Can anyone offer any solution before I start getting really upset?
11 REPLIES
N/A

ftp access

What package are you on now? BBY1 Option 1?
What sites are you trying to access via FTP? PlusNet or external? CGI?

BBY1 Option 1 has external FTP throttled. The CGI server is experiencing slow downs at the moment.

If PN still believe your usage to be higher than the limit for your package (23GB would be over the limit for most packages) then you could be throttled because of that. Did you find out what was causing the phantom bandwidth usage?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 159

ftp access

I can't see a reason for this from here, can you provide a BT Speedtest so we can see the IP profile and throughput.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff
N/A

ftp access

Thanks Chris, I've done that tonite (well, morning now I guess!) and logged a support ticket, so I guess I'll wait to see the result of that.

Just in case anyone does know anything I don't the results of the test were (it took a few attempts, even at 2 in the morning)

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
IP profile for your line is - 7150 kbps
DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM) 8128 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 74 kbps

This test was not conclusive and further testing is required.

Please wait whilst you are redirected to undertake a second test.

Results Image not loaded

This Test comprises of Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
IP profile for your line is - 7150 kbps
DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM) 8128 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 6657 kbps

Your service was found to be performing poorly. Please raise a fault with your service provider, stating that the BT Performance Tester tool indicates poor service throughput performance after the first test.
N/A

ftp access

Well, I've just been told that this isn't a line fault and the support ticket has been passed back to me.

I KNOW ITS NOT A LINE FAULT !

Last straw. I took a week of work to get some web maintainance done, and have so far wasted 3 days because I have no FTP access, and a connection that is only slightly better then 56k modem.

I will be moving elsewhere, and I sure as hell am going to kick up a fuss on my way out now.
N/A

ftp access

Ok, as I have had to resort to a dialup modem connection to upload files via FTP - I will be billing Plusnet for the cost of the phone calls.

This is a joke - 4 days without FTP and the only response is "its not a line fault"
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

ftp access

Hi,

I've tried making a change on your account can you see if that makes a difference please (you'll need to disconnect and reconnect for the change to take effect). I'm not 100% certain it will fix it, if not we'll need to send it over to the network guys to look into.
N/A

ftp access

Hi,

no, no joy.

Still slow connection, which I can put up with if truth be told, but still no ability to use port 21

Surely though, if I'm getting decent results as bt test user and not with my own credentials, it is your end that has capped my account?

The only replies I've had through my support ticket have been a joke. The last reply saying the problem was because my line had dropped, when the reality was I turned my router off overnight.
Mand
Grafter

ftp access

Hi there,

Please accept our apologies for some of the responses on your ticket, this should have been looked at once the BT speedtest results were added.

I've asked the networks team to look into this for you now, and an update will be added to your ticket shortly.
N/A

ftp access

Much obliged for that, thanks.
N/A

ftp access

Resolved - with an explanation similar to what I had been suggesting.

Thanks for getting involved mandbeckett
Mand
Grafter

ftp access

No worries, glad it's sorted for you now.

We've raised a problem internally for the dev guys to work out why this didn't happen automatically.