cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fresh new network

Slick
Grafter

fresh new network

i have recently installed a fresh new wireless network so the kids can use the net but can anyone recomend a program so i can automaticly log on to there pc and view what they are viewing or if they need help etc?
5 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

fresh new network

Hi,

If you're using Windows XP Pro then you can use the built in Remote Desktop or Remote Assistance features. If not then VNC is what you are looking for, Tight VNC and Real VNC are both free and let you control the other PC or just view what it's being used for.
___oDiN__
Grafter

fresh new network

radmin works very well and you can install it silently on their pcs and monitor without them knowing, handy if you want to check they are using the net safely or suspect some dodgy web browsing !
Community Veteran

fresh new network

I'd recommend using RealVNC or TightVNC, they are very good, allows you to see your kids computers without them knowing (The wee vnc icon in the tray does invert its colours when you connect however I think this can be disabled) and you can also take control of it! You can also view their computers from anywhere with an internet connection even if you dont have the program as you can use your web browser!
Community Veteran

fresh new network

But make sure all these programs require a password for access, AND that they are blocked (either by options or by your firewall) from acting as a server to the internet - or you risk the PC being remotely controlled or viewed by a hacker.
LiamM
Grafter

fresh new network

radmin works very well and you can install it silently on their pcs and monitor without them knowing, handy if you want to check they are using the net safely or suspect some dodgy web browsing !

I second this. I've used radmin at a number of locations, and it works very well indeed. Radmin = Remote Administrator. Search for it on download.com.