Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free speed upgrade

stewarta13wsb
Grafter

free speed upgrade

Help...

http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/ just says 'page not found' but I know from one of my referrals that HIS speed has doubled (although he is closer to the exchange).
How do I know when mine might be done - or at least tried? (Or maybe that it has been tried and possibly failed Cry )

Thanks,
12 REPLIES
N/A

free speed upgrade

I suggest trying again later.

There is currently a network outage in Sheffield, that has crippled Usertools. As such, the checker is away for the time being.
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

free speed upgrade

OK, tried later but not really much further on.... shows 2 green buttons and everything looks OK (as far as I can tell) so how do I know when I might get 2MB like one of my referrals on the same exchange?
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

free speed upgrade

Anybody help with an answer? Please Cry
csogilvie
Grafter

free speed upgrade

You need to click the 'here' link next to the Grey dot that says BT has published upgrade information for this exchange to find out information about exchange upgrades.
glynh
Dabbler

free speed upgrade

EDIT-I see somone got there before me Cheesy
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Try the BT free upgrade exchange checker http://cgi.mcm-communications.co.uk/excheck that +net users have been adding to.....(the only thing is, that if no +net user on your exchange has added a record then your exchange won't be there)

or on the exchange status checker http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/ and there should be a grey 'light' under those two green ones that says something like 'BT has published upgrade info for this exchange, click here'. If you click on it is should take you to a page where it lists all the DSLAMs at your exchange and (if you search by your phone number) which DSLAM you are on. There it should tell you when BT expect to upgrade.

Hope this helps.
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

free speed upgrade

Thanks, I'll try them, but the thing that prompted the post was discovering that one of my referrals had changed from 1 to 2Mg, so I reckon the exchange MUST be done, but wondered when I would?
glynh
Dabbler

free speed upgrade

stewarta13wsb,

You may be on a different DSLAM to your referral. There could be many DSLAMs in your exchange, plus each one may require multiple visits, so it may be that they haven't got round to you yet.

I'm still waiting for my free upgrade which is supposed to be started in july, but I'll not hold my breath. Smiley
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

free speed upgrade

It gave me this:

Results: Ballachulish Code: NSBCS
County: Highland
Enabled: 14 Jul 2004

Upgrade information

As part of the mass upgrade program for customers, BT have released information detailing the months in which exchanges will be upgraded.

DSLAM ID Information
BCQ_DSL_101 Upgrades on this DSLAM will commence in May 2005

You are on the DSLAM known as BCQ_DSL_101.

Record last updated: 21 Jun 05

What do I take from that then?Huh
Community Veteran

free speed upgrade

Try the BT free upgrade exchange checker http://cgi.mcm-communications.co.uk/excheck that +net users have been adding to.....(the only thing is, that if no +net user on your exchange has added a record then your exchange won't be there)

Not true for all exchanges - I was going through adding stuff from the BT PDF - the data in usertools but only got part way before the new one came out , I might have a go at getting some of the new records in tonight but I am away from home so I need someone to e-mail me up my mysql password.
N/A

Sames issue here

Upgrade will begin in April and its now End of July is this just a BT issue ?

So how long do we wait ?
N/A

free speed upgrade

Well, its BT who do the upgrades but I do wonder sometimes if this is entirely their fault.

I have a feeling that whilst BT is responsible for upgrading our dslams they can only go on the information they are given.

Quite a number have been missed and there has been no real explaination from Plus net nor has there been any evidence of Plus Net taking BT to task over these delays.
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

free speed upgrade

Still on the case... I discovered that my referral IS on the same DSLAM as I am so I followed the suggestion of raising a ticket to see if I could get the speed increase too but got this -

"As soon as Bt confirm your line has been upgradd we will email you and allow the uplifted speed, this program is taking place throughout the summer and has not yet been confirmed to be completed, please allow a little longer I can confirm we will contact you once we have uplifted the speed. "

I don't think I'm any further on, but don't really understand the terminology :? If I'm on the same DSLAM and it's now working at 2MB for some, why not me? Or does it not work like that?Huh