cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free domain name for spam problem question.

Lolaan
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I have had a look at the web mail incident report, and Plusnet says that we will be able to get a free domain name.
I already have a domain name, which is my main email address and is the one to be spammed to death(well, not since the spam filter was implemented), and my account only allows 1 domain name.
Will I be able to get a second domain name for my account, or will my existing domain name have to be replaced by another one?
Or won't I be able to do anything else but to keep my existing domain name?
3 REPLIES
madjbright
Grafter

And if I chose to keep my existing domain, which I pay £1.00 per month for, and deal with / accept the SPAM will this existing domain become free?
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

There are already a number of threads dealing with this question and similar queries, can we try to keep things together please.

You can see how we are getting along with implementing the changes here
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Lolaan
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Sorry, I do not usually read all the threads on this forum, as I don't really have time and usually never had problems with my account with Plusnet which would make me come on this forum to make an enquiry, but it seems that , last year with ADSL problems and this time with email problems, I'll have to get used to visit this forum.
I'll do what I think is safer:keep my existing domain name and deal with the spam folder.
After all, the processes you want to implement seems complicated, and I see a few problems coming this way until everything is road tested.