cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free PAYG dial-up account

N/A

Can I create the same usrname as the one I use on plusnet but on force9 or free-online?

thank you Smiley
5 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

If it's not already in use then there should not be any problems with this.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

I use sallyandjames on F9, FOL, and here - as Chris says, no reason you can't so long as the name hasn't been taken already.
Community Veteran

Of course - that's an excellent idea, and I'm amazed no-one's already thought of it. If we want to keep our existing usernames, but don't mind changing from name.plus.com to name.force9.co.uk or whatever, then using one of PN's other vISPs is an excellent solution, and an option I think PN could do well to consider when thinking about the possibility of allowing people to change their usernames etc... if not, people could always cancel their PN account and just 'migrate' over to another vISP. Sure, there is the problem of usernames already being in use, but let's face it, FOL doesn't seem to have a whole lot of customers...
N/A

I don't think its quite simple as that Wink , I'm sure switching billing accounts is as technical as changing usernames.

I was asking the question for a friend who don't mind changing vISPs as long as she can keep the same username.

Moderators note by James (sallyandjames) : Removed quote of preceding post.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Moving a broadband account to a different username isn't an easy process, it makes it a little harder if you switch vISP too because it would need a realm change order submitting to BT.

If it's just for an email address then the best thing to do is to just register a PAYG account with one of the vISPs, you can always set up redirects for any email addresses (e.g. postmaster@...) on your existing account to point at the PAYG account.