cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

force9 seems to hate me

doomreaper
Grafter

force9 seems to hate me

nearly 24 hours from placeing a contact us ticket and no response... cool .
simple enough question , if you took febs payment by DD , how come this month i get told i have no dd set up ?
7 REPLIES
francoise-hardy
Grafter

force9 seems to hate me

I think you are probably expecting too much. I am still waiting for days now on a reply to an ongoing ticket. If you have the time to spare you culd try phoning. Personally, I refuse to phone. After all, a keyboard is with the pc that is connected to broadband. My sympathy is all I can offer.
robinh
N/A

force9 seems to hate me

Hello doomreaper,

If your sure the previous payment was definately taken using a DD mandate then if the FEB payment hasnt been taken then if that was me, I would be concerned too! I think thats a completely natural and understandable reaction to have.

**Also I wouldnt think other things maybe in play here? 1) the information you've been given about the feb payment is rubbish, 2) who ever setup the DD manadate didnt do it correctly (no! not you or the info you gave) and so the DD details are incorrect on the F9 side of things? 3) Its also possible that its a banking error and so the bank side of the DD has got messed up or is in error which isnt impossible either.

**Either way I wouldnt relex on your lorrals, I would think you need to be procative and chase up both your bank and F9 too.

**Presumably if its a DD the amount should be taken on the same day and the same amount either month? It should be pretty straight forwards to pin down where the error lays.

Ivan
N/A

force9 seems to hate me

I had the same problem! - i aways have paid by DD, then last month, i get a checky letter from plusnet, saying if i dont pay in 14 days, then i will loose my connection, then i will have to pay a charge to re-connect!

All i wanted to know is, why dont they email that you have not payment details?

* edited for spelling :lol:
N/A

force9 seems to hate me

Hello,

Please could we all have some input or response from F9 PlusNet on the above concerns, I think these ARE valid issues that need a response from F9.

I also pay for my service by DD and definately dont want to receive threatening letters from F9 telling me that my service will be terminated because F9's systems have messed up my payment details when its not my fault.

**Come on F9 PN surely you should have some better methods in place to deal with situations of non payment or missed payment, epecially when the fault may not be with the customer i.e. the customer genuinely doesnt know that the DD has been missed or the details of the DD have been lost or modified?

Ivan
JonathanW
Grafter

force9 seems to hate me

When it comes to billing issues, the system should automatically email you on the billing day if there have been problems, advising you that payment couldn't be taken.

Your account is also restricted to advise you of the fact that there has been a billing issue, and to direct you to the payment details page on the portal to ensure that everything is up to date and if need be to enter new card details to have everything resolved there and then.
N/A

force9 seems to hate me

Its also possible that its a banking error and so the bank side of the DD has got messed up or is in error which isnt impossible either.

Thi is quite feasible. My bank changed some of their customers to a new system and when doing so, the automated process removed the first digit number of all the direct debit reference numbers. I got lots of snotty letters that month while the problem was solved, only for it to happen 6 months later when the new system failed.

Plenty of compo though and grovelling letters Cheesy

Mark
N/A

force9 seems to hate me

Your account is also restricted to advise you of the fact that there has been a billing issue, and to direct you to the payment details page on the portal to ensure that everything is up to date and if need be to enter new card details to have everything resolved there and then.

That did not happen to me! - thats why i never asked - all i know was you were unable to take payment due to no details being on my account.

The first i really knew anything, was when the letter came!